This article will teach you everything you need to know about betting sites in NOK, how Norwegian Krone bookies operate, and teach you everything about the online betting world in Norway by covering 4 main points:
- Where to find the best betting sites in NOK?
- Which are the best available Norwegian Krone betting sites?
- How can you bet with NOK?
- What is the history of NOK and exciting facts about Norway?
Full List of the Best NOK Betting Sites
Online betting in Norway throughout most of the country’s history, but with the introduction of the 1927 Totalisator Act, the 1992 Gaming Act, and the 1995 Lottery Act, things have changed for the better. Most recently, a 2010 act removed all restrictions for online betting, allowing punters to register on and use any bookmaker, even international bookies, as long as they are licensed.
It created a situation where those who wanted to start betting in Norway have plenty of websites to choose from, which brings many advantages but also one con – you have to know how to recognize which are the best NOK bookmakers. But that is very simple as long as you know what to look for.
Before registering with any NOK sportsbook, ensure it’s safe, legit, and legal. It has to have a valid betting license, and it helps to check online reviews to see what other users say about it.
Registering on only those online betting sites in NOK with competitive odds and enough betting markets is also extremely important. Good odds will dictate how successful you’ll be in your wagering endeavor. In contrast, a solid availability of betting markets will allow you to bet on whatever sport or competition you like.
Besides the 2 checkmarks, all good NOK betting sites will also have some bonus offers, promotions, and preferably a mobile wagering app. Bonuses and promotions are precious and offer great value for bettors, whereas the accessibility of a mobile app makes betting far more convenient.
If you want to bet with NOK, you’ll want to register with a Norwegian Krone bookmaker, which will accept NOK. But since all legal NOK betting sites in Norway accept the local currency, you don’t have to pay much attention to this.
Betting Bonuses in NOK
Norwegian Krone betting sites are no different from any other sportsbook when we talk about bonuses, meaning it’s doubtful to find a bookmaker that won’t have promotions available.
All Norwegian Kroner online betting sites will have a welcome bonus, which has become an industry standard and a must-have reward that all sportsbooks have. Most commonly, the welcome bonus comes as a matched deposit, where the sportsbook matches your first deposit with the site and awards you with free wagering cash.
Besides the welcome bonus, betting sites in NOK have many other promotions, including insurance, enhanced odds, accumulator boost, free bets, free casino spins, best odds guaranteed, and more. In addition, some NOK sportsbooks will also have a VIP program, which awards you various goodies, from free bets, no-fee transfers, better conversion rates, baking bonuses, and more.
In short, as someone who bets with NOK, you won’t be limited to bookmakers’ bonuses and promotions compared to those who gamble with other currencies. But it helps if you use online betting sites in NOK with the best bonuses since some do better with their promotions than others.
How to Use Betting Sites That Accept NOK
Using betting sites that accept NOK is no different from bookmakers that accept any other currency. And likewise, you have to keep an eye on and do the same things to make the most of it.
- The most important thing to remember is to use only legal and trusted bookmakers with competitive odds and enough betting markets. Choosing the right NOK sportsbook is the first and most crucial thing on your betting journey, so do it right.
- Once you have your account set up, make sure that you take advantage of any welcome bonuses and promotions available. Those are available just once, so read the terms and conditions and ensure that you grab them.
- After setting up your account and checking how to grab the welcome bonus, you can deposit money and start betting. And the last 2 steps are just as simple as they sound.
Making Deposits in NOK
To deposit money into your betting account at betting sites in NOK, follow 5 simple steps.
- Login to the NOK sportsbook you have an account with.
- Navigate to the cashier’s tab under banking options.
- Select “deposit.”
- Pick your preferred deposit method and input the desired amount to transfer.
- Complete the transaction.
The time it takes to appear in your betting account will vary depending on the bookmaker you’re using, the deposit method, and the amount of money you are transferring. But typically, all deposits are processed instantly, so you won’t have to wait long before the money appears in your account.
Requesting Withdrawals in NOK
Requesting a withdrawal at Norwegian Krone betting sites is just as simple as making a deposit, and it doesn’t take you longer than a few minutes to complete. To complete the withdrawal, there are just a few steps to follow.
- Login to the Norwegian Krone bookmaker you’re using.
- Navigate to the cashier tab.
- Select “withdrawals.”
- Pick the preferred withdrawal method and input the desired cash-out amount.
- Complete the transaction and wait for the money to arrive.
It’s important to remember to complete the KYC before you request a withdrawal since you won’t be able to cash out without it. Preferably it would help if you did it as soon as you register with the bookmaker as it will speed up the withdrawals, which already take longer than deposits.
Especially withdrawals to your bank account can take a few days, but most others are completed within minutes.
Payment Methods That Accept NOK
Many payment methods accept NOK, yet just a few are the most popular among Norwegian bettors.
- Visa – is one of Norway’s most used payment methods for online betting, accepted by all betting sites in NOK. It offers high security and fast transfers and doesn’t require any third party.
- Trustly – A Swedish online payment solution very popular in Norway due to its quick and secure payments. Accepted on most online betting sites in NOK, Trustly is known as one of the best payment options among Norwegian punters.
- ecoPayz – an alternative to Trustly, ecoPayz is an E-wallet that allows you to store NOK and use it to deposit on betting sites that use ecoPayz quickly, safely, and anonymously. It also offers a VIP program with many perks that bettors will appreciate.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Using NOK for Online Betting
There are pros and cons to using NOK for online betting, but the advantages are far more apparent than the disadvantages, of which there are very few.
Norwegian Krone History
The Norwegian Krone was introduced in 1875 when Norway joined the Scandinavian Monetary Union, and it replaced the Norwegian Rigsdaler, a silver currency used in Norway from 1544. It was later renamed to speciedaler in 1816, and it was in use until 1875.
Once the SMU was disbanded in 1915, each of the three Scandinavian countries (Norway, Denmark, Sweden) decided to keep their respective “crown” currency. Norway kept the Norwegian Krone, Denmark the Danish Krone, and Sweden the Swedish Krone.
- Before we end our article on the best betting sites in NOK and the online betting scene in Norway, here are some interesting facts about the country and its betting world.
- The Norwegian Krone is the official currency of Norway and no other country.
- Some of the most popular payment methods that accept NOK are ecoPayz, Visa, Trustly, and MasterCard.
- The most popular online bookmakers that accept NOK in 2023 are Rabona, Bet365, Betsafe, and Nordicbet.
- You must be at least 18 years old to bet in Norway legally.
- In Norway, you must declare tax winnings gained in other countries.
- It is impossible to deposit money into your betting account from a Norwegian bank due to laws prohibiting local bans from processing money transactions made to sportsbooks and casinos.
- Norsk Tipping and Norsk Rikstoto are the only 2 local companies that can legally offer betting and gambling to Norwegians.
If you’ve read our article to this point, you now know everything there is to know about how to bet with Norwegian Krone and where to find the best bookmakers for the job. So now you’re ready to visit the best betting sites in NOK and start placing your wagers, but remember to take gambling in moderation and never bet with more than you can afford.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I bet in NOK?You can bet using Norwegian Krone online on many bookmakers, including all sportsbooks operating in Norway and many other online betting platforms. Although not used globally, NOK is accepted by many international sportsbooks.
Can only players in Norway use Norwegian Krones?No. Even if you’re not from Norway, you can use Norwegian Krones to deposit into your betting account, but you’ll have to register with a sportsbook that will accept NOK.
Which betting sites accept NOK deposits?Deposits in Norwegian Krone are accepted across all sportsbooks in Norway, including Norsk Tipping and Norsk Rikstoto, as the only official local companies that can offer betting and gambling in Norway.