Now that things are finally on the right track, we can talk about the Swedish betting scene, which we will do in this article, covering key points:
- Where to find the best betting sites in Sweden?
- On which Sweden betting sites can you bet?
- What can you wager on with bookmakers in Sweden?
- What are interesting facts about Sweden and its wagering scene?
Full List of the Best Sweden Betting Sites
Online sports betting in Sweden was in the grey market until 2019, but in the short time the country has had to build a strong wagering landscape, it has done an excellent job. Nowadays, there are many excellent Sweden betting sites available to local punters, and more than enough to satisfy anyone’s needs.
The Swedish betting landscape features some of the world’s largest sportsbooks in Bet365, Sky Bet, Bwin, 888sport, Unibet, and many more. Moreover, many new betting sites in Sweden come up each year, offering you a wide list of more than enough sportsbooks to choose from.
Betting Bonuses & Offers for Swedish Bettors
Betting bonus offers and promotions are an essential feature every sportsbook needs to have, so you can rest assured that you will be able to grab at least a welcome bonus on any betting sites in Sweden you visit. Notably, some Swedish bookies offer more promotions than others.
Although promotions and bonuses are great to take advantage of, it’s worth noting that the availability of prizes does not dictate the best betting sites Sweden offers. Nevertheless, it’s still advantageous for you to take advantage of any promotion you can get.
Free Bet Bonuses
Free bet bonuses are some of the most common promotions in any sportsbook. Many bookmakers in Sweden will offer this promotion in one of the major competitions or by randomly awarding free bets to your betting account.
The free bets come in the form of free wagering money – which you can’t withdraw – the size dictated by your average wagers on the website.
Swedish Betting Promo Codes
Sweden betting sites offer many promotions, mostly free bets, deposit bonuses, reload bonuses, and Acca boosts. While most are awarded to you instantly, without having to do any extra work, another group of rewards-free betting sites in Sweden have – promotions you can unlock with promo codes.
Most promo codes enable welcome bonuses such as welcome deposit bonuses or welcome free bets. Even though most Sweden bet sites offer promotions without bonus codes, those that require you to use them tend to be more generous.
If you have a bonus code for any betting sites in Sweden, you should remember to input it while registering your account. The bonus code field is traditionally available in the registration window. Still, some bonus codes are also available for existing users who can apply the bonus code under the account settings.
Sweden Sports Betting Market Overview
|⚖️ Is betting legal:||Yes|
|📅 Sports Betting Legal Since:||1934|
|🏢 Regulatory Body:||Swedish Gambling Authority (Spelinspektionen)|
|⚽ Favorite Sports to Bet on:||Football, ice hockey, tennis, skiing|
|🎰 Other Popular Gambling Markets:||Casinos, lotteries, bingo, poker|
|⭐ Most Popular Sportsbooks:||Betway, Ivibet, 20Bet|
|🔞 Legal gambling age:||18|
Bet of the Day in Sweden
Sweden boasts a very healthy list of sportsbooks operating in the country, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Swedish bettors enjoy one of the best sports coverage. So if you wish to bet on hockey, horse racing, cricket, or anything in between, there will be betting markets.
Still, like any other country, Sweden emphasizes the most popular sports in Sweden. So while you can still find cricket betting sites and wager on cricket, you won’t have as many special bets available as on other, more popular sports and competitions.
Bet on Sport
If you’re looking for a sportsbook where you’ll be able to wager on sports, you can’t go wrong with registering with one of many betting sites in Sweden. Sports are trendy in this Scandinavian country, and while some are more popular, Swedish bookies do an excellent job covering every sport imaginable.
That is because most prominent sportsbooks, such as Bet365 and Sky Bet, operate in Sweden, and the availability of big brands also results in better coverage of the entire market.
You should know that the most popular sports in Sweden, such as ice hockey and football, tend to enjoy much better coverage with more betting markets and better offers. Yet that doesn’t mean you won’t be able to bet on any sport you like.
Bet on Competitions
Sweden’s best sports betting sites cover most of the world’s biggest competitions well, so you can bet on NHL, NBA, Premier League, MLB, or anything in between. But besides that, you can also expect excellent coverage of Swedish competitions such as the Allsvenskan, SHL, or the Swedish Super League.
Since Swedes are very proud of their domestic sporting competitions, it should not be surprising that these leagues are very popular among local bettors. The fact that Sweden betting sites offer special promotions and better coverage for domestic competitions is another reason why betting on them is so widespread.
Esports Betting in Sweden
The Esports betting industry has been growing exponentially, especially in Scandinavian countries, which are home to some of the world’s top esports players. So it’s not uncommon to see Swedish bet sites offering betting markets on any of the major Esports titles, including Dota 2, League of Legends, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
So if you’re into Esports betting, you can rest assured that Swedish bookies will have you covered!
How to Make a Winning Bet
Anyone can bet on sports or Esports, but not everyone will make a profit. Still, with the right approach, even you can set yourself up for success – as long as you take the right steps to recognise a winning bet.
- Before you place a bet, the most important thing to do is to familiarize yourself with the sport or Esport you want to bet on. It doesn’t make sense to risk your money betting on something you know nothing about.
- After you pick the sport/Esport you want to bet on and are confident in your knowledge of it, you need to analyze all the available data. Before the match, check the teams’ form, past results, recent news about missing players, and other information that will help you accurately predict the most likely outcome.
- Even though it won’t help you find the winning bet, you must use only the best betting sites in Sweden, which can offer you competitive odds and enough wagering markets. Only this way will you be able to bet on whatever you like and set yourself up to earn the most profit possible.
How to Choose the Best Bookmakers in Sweden
Many bookmakers offer their service in Sweden, which has advantages as it gives you way more options when picking which sportsbooks you will create an account on. But while you will have a long list of bookies to choose from, you have to know that not all offer the same quality service.
Finding the best bookmakers in Sweden takes some time, but if you know what to look for, it is a quick process.
- The most important thing is that you pick between Swedish bookies that are legal, licenced, and regulated. Only this way can you ensure your data’s safety and your money.
- Once you find a sportsbook or a list of Swedish bookies where you can bet online in Sweden without worrying about getting scammed, you have to focus on the odds’ quality and the availability of betting markets. Good betting sites in Sweden will have competitive odds and enough betting markets.
- Preferably, you should register with multiple sportsbooks to price shop and bet with the bookie that offers the best odds on the match you want to wager on. For example, if you’re going to bet on cricket in Sweden, you might want to use one cricket betting site and a football betting site for sour football bets.
- If the sportsbook has generous bonuses and promotions and a mobile betting app available, it’s a plus, but those features are not nearly as important as the odds quality. Still, if you can find one that offers all that, you’re set!
Which Swedish Bookmaker Has the Best Odds?
There is no sportsbook where you can bet in Sweden at the best odds for every sport. Although it would be great if one site like that existed, it’s unrealistic, mainly because of the price discrepancies between the bookies.
While one bookmaker can have the best odds on football, another sportsbook might have a better offer on ice hockey. So if you want to bet with the best odds, you’ll need to have accounts with both. Alternatively, you can pick between bookies like Unibet, Bet365, or Sky Bet, which are known for competitive odds across all sports – but know that more Swedish bookies check that mark.
The Highest Odds for Ice Hockey
Although there is no single bookmaker that will have the best odds for ice hockey, most Swedish bettors like to use Bet365 for betting on ice hockey. Bet365 tends to have slightly higher ice hockey odds than the rest of the market.
Admittedly, the differences can be marginal – for example, Bet365 will offer 4/5 on a game, while other sportsbooks will have the same match priced at 8/11. But even at those minor differences, a $100 bet at Bet365 will earn you $180, but only $170 on other bookies, and it can add up quickly in the long run.
The Highest Odds for Football
With so many Swedish bookies offering football betting, it’s hard to find one that will provide the best odds. But there is a reason why online live betting sites like Unibet and Sky Bet are the most popular among football bettors.
Admittedly, Unibet and Sky Bet likely won’t remain the best football bookies in Sweden forever, so it pays to check which sportsbook offers the best odds before you make an account. Remember, even if the odds are 0.05, you will earn approximately 3.3% more on your stake, and 3.3% is a large sum of money over 1,000 or 10,000 bets.
How to Sign Up at a Swedish Betting Site
Signing up for any Sweden bet site is a very straightforward process and no different to signing up with any other sportsbook. It won’t take you longer than a couple of minutes, assuming you have all the documentation at your hand – if you do, follow these 6 simple steps.
- Visit the sportsbook you want to register on and navigate to the main website page.
- Click on the “Join Now “or “Register” button, which is usually located in the top right corner.
- Input all the required information, such as full name, date of birth, phone number, and email.
- Agree with the terms and conditions and complete the registration.
- You will receive a confirmation email or confirmation code on your phone, which you must use to activate your account and log in.
- Deposit money into your betting account, and you’re ready to start betting!
Some bookmakers also ask you for the bonus code during registration, so don’t forget to use it.
Payment Methods at Swedish Sportsbooks
All licensed Swedish bookies need to accept BankID payment options, and all need to receive SEK. Still, apart from that, most betting sites also accept other popular payment methods such as MasterCard/Visa, E-wallets in Neteller, Skrill and Ecopayz, and Trustly.
Although payment options will vary depending on the sportsbook you choose, most bigger betting sites offer plenty of banking options, so you can rest assured that you will find one that suits you.
You might be wondering which payment method on betting sites in Sweden is the best, but there is no clear answer. Still, E-wallets tend to be the fastest and most popular, besides crypto deposits and withdrawals, which have become increasingly popular.
Mobile Betting Sites & Betting Apps in Sweden
Mobile betting has become increasingly popular over the last few years because it is convenient and easy. Although most people prefer betting on their computers, there are advantages to wagering on your phone – the most notable being that you can bet anytime and anywhere you please.
It explains why every sportsbook you visit will have an option for you to bet on your phone, albeit not all will have Sweden betting apps. Some will only offer a mobile version of the website, which does the job fine, but if you plan to bet from your phone, you should register with a Swedish bookie with a dedicated mobile betting app.
Besides being more accessible and easier to use than a mobile website, some betting sites also offer special promotions for people who use mobile apps, such as free bets, Acca boosts, insurance, and more. There are many advantages to using a mobile app.
Swedish Live Betting & Streaming
Live betting on sports might seem like a niche approach to betting, but it can be a handy tool for any sports bettor. Admittedly, live betting is not easy, and it requires a strong knowledge of the sport you want to wager on, but once you master it, it can be highly profitable.
There are many reasons to try live betting, and if you want to do it on Swedish bookies, you will be able to. All sportsbooks in Sweden will have in-play betting markets, so you don’t have to fear missing out on the fun live betting brings. However, note that not all sportsbooks offer live streaming.
If you’re serious about in-play betting, it’s highly advisable to pick a sportsbook that offers live streaming options. Although you could follow the games via a live streaming platform or TV, having that option on a sportsbook is far more convenient. Moreover, live streaming platforms show the games with a delay, and you can’t afford that when placing in-play bets.
New Swedish Betting Sites (December 2023)
One of the newest betting operators to launch in Sweden is L7 Entertainment, which has started offering its services to Swedish gamblers via its Lucky Days brand. However, when we talk about sportsbooks, the latest bookie to enter Sweden is Casumo, which has grown to become one of the most popular bookies in the country.
Casumo has gained in popularity largely thanks to its excellent coverage of sports betting markets, outstanding bonuses, and a generous offer of payment methods, which include bank transfers, Purplepay Boku, Ecopayz, Skrill, Siru Mobile, and many more.
The Legal Situation of Sports Betting in Sweden
The Swedish market is quite healthy and divided into international bookies allowed to operate in the country, sportsbooks which acquired a local license, and the Svenska Spel state monopoly.
Interestingly, Sweden has issued over 100 licenses to online sportsbooks over the last few years, making it one of the world’s most regulated online sports betting markets. Moreover, it issues separate licenses for online games, sportsbooks, casinos, land-based bookies, lottery, bingo, and casinos, forming a regulated gambling market.
Thanks to its strict rules, Sweden also offers a very safe betting environment, making it nearly impossible to find a scam sportsbook, so as long as you don’t go out of your way to find one, you will be safe betting on any Swedish bookie.
When discussing the legal situation of sports betting in Sweden, we must also touch on the taxes. While operators have to pay an 18% tax, there is no tax on winnings for players – all gambling winnings are tax-free!
However, every player is entitled to only one bonus per bookmaker, and you must legally bet for at least 20 years.
Responsible Gambling Organisations in Sweden
If you are dealing with gambling problems in Sweden, some several international companies and organizations can assist. Check out the list below to find the appropriate resources for your needs.
- Gambling Therapy
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Net Nanny
Here are some interesting facts about Sweden and the Swedish online sports betting scene you might not know about.
- Stockholm is the capital of Sweden and the largest city in the country (1.61 million population), followed by Gothenburg (600,000), Malmo (325,000), Uppsala (167,000), and Västerås (128,000).
- Swedish is the official and the most spoken language in Sweden, but an estimated +200 languages are spoken across the country, including English.
- All Swedish bookmakers must provide bank transfers as one of the payment methods. Still, most Swedish bettors prefer to use E-wallets such as Skrill and Neteller, PaySafeCard, Visa/MasterCard, and crypto deposits.
- The most popular legal online bookmakers in Sweden are Bet365, Sky Bet, LVBet, William Hill, and 888sport.
- The most popular sports in Sweden are ice hockey, football, floorball, and handball.
- Sweden is home to many prominent sports competitions, which are also extremely popular among bettors. Those include Allsvenskan, SHL, Superettan, and Swedish Super League.
- Some of the most popular and successful Swedish sports teams are IBF Falun Malmö FF, and Färjestad BK.
- The most popular sports persons from Sweden include Zlatan Ibrahimović, Sarah Sjostrom, Alexander Isak, Badou Jack, Bjorn Borg, and Annika Sörenstam.
- Since 2022, Sweden has won 679 Olympics medals, including 213 gold, 227 silver, and 239 bronze medals.
- Out of all Olympic gold medals, Sweden has won the most in cross-country skiing (32 gold, 27 silver, and 25 bronze) and wrestling (28 gold, 27 silver, and 31 bronze).
- Sweden is the 4th-most successful nation in the IIHF World Championship, with 11 gold, 19 silver, and 17 bronze medals, behind only Czech Republic (+Czechoslovakia), Russia (+Soviet Union), and Canada.
It concludes our betting article, providing you with everything you need to know about bookmakers in Sweden, where to find the best betting sites, and how to bet online in Sweden. So now you’re ready to visit the best bookies and start betting!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is online betting legal in Sweden?Online betting in Sweden is completely legal as long as you use a legal and licensed sportsbook and are at least 20 years of age, which is the minimum gambling age in the country.
What are the best betting sites in Sweden?There is no clear winner for the best betting site in Sweden, albeit there are many great options in 22Bet, Bet365, SkyBet, and LVBet.
What currency is accepted by Sweden betting sites?All licensed Swedish betting sites have to accept SEK, albeit most also get Euro, U.S. Dollar and other currencies, including cryptocurrency.
What are the most popular payment methods for online betting in Sweden?Some of the most popular payment methods for online betting in Sweden include bank transfers, credit/debit cards, E-wallets, and crypto deposits.
Do you pay income tax on your winnings while betting online in Sweden?No. All gambling winnings in Sweden are tax-free.
How fast do these gambling companies process withdrawals for players in Sweden?The withdrawal process and the time it takes to complete can vary from bookmaker to bookmaker. Moreover, the process will be quicker or longer depending on your chosen withdrawal method, with some completed instantly, while others may take up to several days.