- Where to find the best betting sites in Papua New Guinea?
- How does online betting in Papua New Guinea look like?
- What can you bet on Papua New Guinea bookmakers?
- Interesting facts about Papua New Guinea and its online betting world.
Full List of the Best Papua New Guinea Betting Sites
Although Papua New Guinea is fairly undeveloped, many online sportsbooks operate in the country, offering bettors who want to place PNG sports bets more than enough options. However, while options are plenty, not all bookmakers offer the same quality service, which explains why some are more popular than others.
Like in any other country, your best bet when picking between betting sites in Papua New Guinea is to set up an account with one of the most popular ones. Although those won’t always offer you the highest odds or the best coverage of betting markets – this is the best way to approach the situation if you want to place a sports bet in Papua New Guinea and do so on a safe bookmaker.
Betting Bonuses & Offers for PNG Bettors
No matter which PNG sports betting site you visit, you will likely receive some bonuses, promotions, and offers. That is mainly because betting bonuses and promotions are nowadays an industry standard, so that every sportsbook will have some rewards ready for its customers.
The most common bonuses and promotions you’ll come across on Papua New Guinea bookmakers include free bets, sign-up deposit bonuses, reload bonuses, acca boosts, and special PNG sports bet promotions for major sporting events and important matches.
Although most bonuses will be available to you regardless of where you live, it’s worth noting that some promotions are location restricted. Moreover, other bonuses, such as free bets, will vary depending on the user and how many PNG bets they have placed on the site. Notably, free bets are often offered in the form of wagering cash, the amount of which is dictated by your average bet on sportsbooks.
Besides some exceptions, grabbing bonuses and promotions doesn’t require extra work, as most are credited to your account upon your login.
PNG Sports Betting Market Overview
|📅 Sports Betting Legal Since:||2007|
|🏢 Regulatory Body:||The National Gaming Control Board|
|⚖️ Legal Acts:||The Gaming Control Act|
|🧾 Taxation:||Winnings are not taxable|
|⚽ Favorite Sports to Bet on:||Cricket, rugby, soccer, Australian rules football, and volleyball|
|🏅 Widespread Tournaments\Competitions to Bet on:||Papua New Guinea National Soccer League, National Rugby League, and A-League|
|🎰 Other Popular Gambling Markets:||Online casinos|
|⭐ Most Popular Sportsbooks:||LVBET, 22Bet, SpinBetter|
Bet of the Day for Papua New Guinea
Thanks to the large selection of bookmakers that offer online betting in Papua New Guinea, you won’t struggle to find betting options to place bets on whatever you like. And not only is online betting in PNG fairly all-inclusive, but you can also expect to be able to place special bets on local teams, players, and tournaments.
So not only can you bet on all major competitions, but Papua New Guinean bookies also take extra care to offer a solid coverage of local events, further expanding and improving your experience when sports betting in Papua New Guinea.
Bet on Sport
Sports are a very important part of Papua New Guinea’s culture, which explains why so many people also enjoy online betting in PNG. Yet some sports proved to be far more popular than others, namely Rugby, soccer, Australian rules football, cricket, and volleyball.
So if you want to bet on any of the most popular sports in PNG, you can rest assured that Papua New Guinean bookies will have an adequate betting market offer. Yet even if you wish to bet on ice hockey or basketball, you won’t be disappointed.
PNG Bet on Competitions
No matter which betting sites in Papua New Guinea you’re using, you can expect a solid coverage of all major sporting events, including Premier League, NBA, NHL, NRL, Indian Premier League, and anything in between. But like it’s the case with sports betting offers, you can expect much better coverage of domestic competitions and the most popular events in the country.
So if you want to try PNG bet online on cricket, rugby, or soccer competitions, you can rest assured that Papua New Guinean bookies will offer an adequate betting option. Moreover, sportsbooks in Papua New Guinea will have betting markets on all local competitions, such as the Papua New Guinea National Soccer League.
Esports betting has become increasingly popular worldwide, so you shouldn’t be surprised to hear that Esports betting is also a big hit among Papua New Guinean bettors. This also explains why you can place a PNG bet online on Esports at any sportsbook in the country.
Admittedly, Papua New Guinea does not have any prominent Esports teams, nor is there a single popular esports player from the country. But the country’s proximity to China and Australia certainly helps with the popularity of Esports and Esports gambling.
Already interested in Australia? We have prepared a fairly complete list of new betting sites Australia. Explore it. There are a lot of interesting things.
Yet even if Esports betting wasn’t popular in the country itself, all sportsbooks that offer online betting in PNG also have Esports betting markets, namely for League of Legends, Dota 2, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
How to Choose the Best Bookmakers in Papua New Guinea
Since there are many betting sites in Papua New Guinea, it might not be easy to decide which one to pick and sign up for. The large offer of sportsbooks will do that, but there are steps you can take to identify the best ones.
- When picking a sportsbook, the most important thing to remember is to trust licenced, regulated, and legal betting sites since you don’t want to trust your money and personal information with a shady website. Luckily, there aren’t as many shady bookmakers; it never hurts to be safe.
- Once you narrow down the list of legal betting sites in Papua New Guinea, it’s time to focus on their service – whether they offer competitive PNG sports bet odds and enough betting markets.
- Setting up an account with a sportsbook with generous betting offers and bonuses is an advantage, but you should pick one sportsbook over the other simply because it has better bonuses.
- Once you find safe sportsbooks with quality odds, you can focus on features such as the availability of mobile betting apps and whether the bookie offers live betting. Although you might not find the two features essential, they can be very beneficial.
- The last thing to consider when picking a website where you can PNG bet online is to register with multiple bookmakers. This way, you will always have a chance to grab as many bonuses as possible and have access to various betting markets, allowing you to price shop and bet with the best odds.
Which Papua New Guinean Bookmaker Has the Best Odds?
If you’re looking for Papua New Guinean bookies with the best odds, we’re sad to inform you that no single sportsbook can offer you that. That is because one bookmaker can have the best odds on football while another will have better odds on Esports.
If you want to bet with the best odds, you should set up an account with multiple bookmakers and place bets with a sportsbook with the best odds on the match you want to wager on. So rather than looking for the top bookmaker with the best odds, you should look for trusted bookmakers.
Payment Methods at Papua New Guinean Sportsbooks
If you want to deposit money in Papua New Guinean bookies, you likely won’t struggle to find the payment method you are looking for. That is because most sportsbooks offer all the most common payment options in Visa/MasterCard, e-wallets such as Skrill, NETELLER, and ecoPayz, bank transfers, and even alternative payment options in Perfect Money, QIWI, SkinPay, and more.
Of course, some betting sites have also started accepting crypto payments, and while it has yet to find its place on all betting sites, more and more bettors prefer using crypto as their prefered payment method. That is mainly due to the fast processing times and safety it can provide.
The best payment method comes down to personal preference, as there is no single best option. Still, you can’t go wrong with e-wallets or crypto as the two most popular payment options for Papua New Guinean bookies.
Mobile Betting Sites & Betting Apps in Papua New Guinea
If you want to enjoy mobile betting on Papua New Guinean betting sites, you’ll be able to do so without any issues, thanks to the accessibility of mobile betting apps. Nowadays, almost every sportsbook in the country has a Papua New Guinea bet app, mainly due to the great demand for betting options via phone.
Although there are no exact stats on how many people from Papua New Guinea bet from phones, it’s fair to assume that the number is not too far behind those who bet from their computers, and it’s easy to see why. Mobile betting is very comfortable, accessible, and convenient, especially for those who do it via mobile betting apps.
Unlike a mobile betting website, a betting app is made for its users’ comfort with an easy-to-navigate design and high responsiveness. Moreover, some sportsbooks even offer special promotions and bonuses for mobile betting app users, which is another reason you might want to give a Papua New Guinea bet app a chance.
PNG Live Betting & Streaming
Live betting and live streaming are essential features of any solid bookmaker, so you can rest assured that the two will be available on most betting sites in Papua New Guinea. Admittedly, some sportsbooks don’t focus too much on their live betting offer and provide only a mediocre in-play betting experience. However, as long as you stick with the top-rated bookies, you shouldn’t worry about that.
Even though live betting is not for everyone – mainly because it’s far more demanding than pre-match betting – it’s something any bettor should try at least once. Not only is it extremely exciting, but live betting can also be highly profitable, particularly because sportsbooks are very slow in adjusting live odds – offering you plenty of options to find value bets.
So if you want to try live betting, you should first make sure that you pick a solid betting site for the job. Most importantly, a sportsbook must accept live bets and have plenty of live betting markets. But besides that, you need to register with one of many live stream betting sites with live streaming options.
The Legal Situation of Sports Betting in Papua New Guinea
Online sports betting is legal in Papua New Guinea, and it has been since the signing of the Gaming Control Bill 2007, which allowed for the legal operations of sports betting operators in the country. However, while betting is allowed, Papua New Guinea does not have specific laws addressing online sports betting.
This has its tough advantages, namely the fact that there are no restrictions on which betting operators can offer their services in the country. But, admittedly, this opens up the doors of shady sportsbooks entering the market; granted, as long as you stick with known bookmakers, there are no safety concerns.
Responsible Gambling Organisations in Papua New Guinea
Several companies can help you in case you are struggling against gambling problems in Papua New Guinea.
- 1-TOK Kaunselin Helpim Lain
- Gambling Therapy
- Gamblers Anonymous
Papua New Guinea Overview
Before we conclude our Papua New Guinea betting article, here are some interesting facts about Papua New Guinea and its sports betting scene you might not know about.
- Port Moresby is the capital and the largest city in Papua New Guinea, with over 254,000 population, followed by Lae (100,000), Arawa (36,400), Mount Hagen (27,700), and Madang (27,400).
- English is the official language of Papua New Guinea; however, most people also speak German, Unserdeuth, Tok Pisin, and Hiri Motu,
- Papua New Guinean kina is the country’s official currency, but most bettors prefer to use the Australian dollar, Euro and US Dollar for their sportsbook deposits.
- Some of the most popular payment methods on Papua New Guinean bookmakers are Skrill, NETELLER, crypto, and Visa/MasterCard.
- The most popular legal bookmakers in Papua New Guinea are 22bet, Bet365, William Hill, PNGBet, and BetUS.
- The most popular sports in Papua New Guinea are cricket, rugby, soccer, Australian rules football, and volleyball.
- The biggest and most popular sports competitions in Papua New Guinea are Papua New Guinea National Soccer League, National Rugby League, and A-League.
- The most popular sports teams in Papua New Guinea are the national rugby team, Hekari United, and the national cricket team.
- The most successful and popular athletes from Papua New Guinea include Ryan Pini, Dika Toua, Raymond Gunemba, Andrew Lepani, and Marcus Bai.
- In its history, Papua New Guinea has won 14 medals in five sports at the Commonwealth Games, with three gold medals from Powerlifting as well as one apiece from Swimming and Lawn Bowls.
- Despite fielding a national cricket team since 1975, Papua New Guinea has never qualified for the World Cup but has made a group stage appearance at the 2021 ICC T20 World Cup.
- Papua New Guinea cricket team has won numerous other tournaments, including Pacifica Cup, South Pacific Games, and ICC EAP Cricket Trophy.
That concludes our article about Papua New Guinea and its online sports betting world, providing you with all the information you’ll need, including where to find the best PNG online betting sites and how you can bet on sports in Papua New Guinea. Now you’re ready to find the best bookmakers. Log in to your betting account and start betting!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is online betting legal in Papua New Guinea?Sports betting in Papua New Guinea has been legal since the signing of the Gaming Control Bill 2007, and even though there is no law mentioning online betting, you can bet on sports online without any issues.
What are the best betting sites in Papua New Guinea?There is no clear best site for online betting in Papua New Guinea, but there are many great options. These include 22Bet, William Hill, Bet365, BetUS, Sportsbetting, PNGBet, and BetOnline.
What currency is accepted by PNG betting sites?PNG betting sites accept almost all currencies, but most sports bettors prefer to use US dollars, euros, Australian dollars, or cryptocurrency.
What are the most popular payment methods for online betting in Papua New Guinea?The most popular payment methods for online betting in Papua New Guinea are e-wallets such as Skrill, NETELLER, ecoPayz, bank transfers, debit/credit card deposits, and crypto deposits.
Do you pay income tax on your winnings while betting online in Papua New Guinea?Since no laws regulate online sports betting, you are not required to pay any tax on winning bets in Papua New Guinea. However, you might be required to report your earnings if you win over $10,000.
How fast do these gambling companies process withdrawals for players in Papua New Guinea?The speed of withdrawal processing on Papua New Guinea sportsbooks will vary depending on the bookmaker you’re using and the withdrawal process you choose. Crypto withdrawals are generally the fastest, followed by e-wallets and bank transfers. The latter can take up to five working days, so check your sportsbook and inquire about that information.