By reading through our article, you will learn everything there is to know about online sports betting in Cote d’Ivoire, including 3 key points:
- How to find the best betting sites in Cote d’Ivoire?
- What can you bet in Cote d’Ivoire?
- Interesting facts about Cote d’Ivoire and its wagering scene
Full List of the Best Ivorian Betting Sites
Before betting in Cote d’Ivoire, you must register with one of the available online gambling sites. That isn’t difficult mainly because there are many online bookmakers on Ivory Coast, but you need to know how to pick the right one.
Even though there are many available bookies, you need to pay close attention to what they offer and the quality of the service they provide. Most importantly, you should always check the quality of the odds, market depth and the availability of betting apps, and any bonuses and promotions.
Some of the bookies that check the marks of a solid bookie include Betfair, Bet Momo, and 20bet. But know those are not the only good online bookmakers in Ivory Coast.
Best Betting Bonuses & Offers for Ivorian Bettors
Most online sportsbooks will have some form of bonuses and promotions ready, which are not to be overlooked. Bookies’ bonuses are the easiest and best way to get some extra value from your betting, and you should always look to get the best offer available.
That is why it is very helpful to find sportsbooks that offer bonuses, be it free bets, reload bonuses, a bonus bet, Acca rewards, or any other form of promotions. Admittedly, most bookies will have some proposals ready, but some do it better than others.
Some might have a special Сote bet, with boosted odds on games involving Ivory Coast teams, while others might offer special accumulator odds boosts, perfect for those who like to bet multiples. In the end, you should search for bonuses that benefit you; check the terms and conditions to be sure that you qualify for the promotions.
Sports Betting in Cote D’Ivoire
Sports are big in Cote d’Ivoire, and so is sports betting. So it shouldn’t surprise that betting sites in Ivory Coast offer various betting markets, allowing you to bet on whatever you desire. That includes bets on Ivorian teams, specific sports, leagues, competitions, and players.
Bet on Sport
If you wish to bet on football, you can ensure that any bookmaker in Cote d’Ivoire offers an adequate proposal for football betting markets. That is because football is the most popular sport in the country, not only among the population but also in the online betting world.
Similarly to others in the world, such as how bookies in Hungary offer the deepest markets on football, Ivorian bookmakers also take special care to provide the best football betting experience they can. Besides football, you can also wager on any other sport you desire, from tennis, hockey, golf, basketball, etc. But that does not take away from the solid coverage of other sports you can find while betting on Premier Bet, M-Bet, or any other Ivorian bookie.
Bet on Competitions
Like sports betting in Cote d’Ivoire allows you to bet on various sports and place your wagers on competitions. These include the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, major football leagues, and a generous selection of domestic contests.
But while the global competitions remain the most popular amongst bettors, Ivory Coast bookies also receive a lot of action in domestic leagues, mainly the Ivory Coast MTN Ligue 1, which is the top division of the Ivorian Football Federation.
You shouldn’t be surprised to find a bonus bet or other special promotions for domestic league competitions, especially if you’re using a bookie from local betting company.
How to Choose the Best Bookmakers in Cote D’Ivoire
Before you can start betting, you need to pick a bookie, and you should always look only for a legal, safe, and regulated sportsbook. But while registering on a legal bookie is extremely important, it’s not the only thing you should keep in mind.
- A good bookmaker needs to be safe and provide you with quality betting odds and enough gambling markets. You can wager with the best prices and whatever you desire.
- Besides that, it also helps if you register on bookmakers with betting apps, allowing you to wager via your mobile phone, essentially anytime and anywhere.
- Although not as important, online casinos and other gambling options are a nice addition to any bookie, adding more variety to your online gambling experience.
- Lastly, it helps you pick a bookmaker with occasional promotions, bonuses, or other offers available. These won’t make you rich, but they add a lot of value to your online betting experience.
If you find a bookie or multiple sportsbooks that check these marks, you can rest assured that you have found the best Ivory Coast betting sites. It comes down to your personal preference on which to use, but it’s advisable to have accounts with multiple bookies for price shopping.
Which Ivorian Bookmaker Has the Best Odds?
If you want to succeed in betting long-term, you have to wager only with the best available sportsbooks that can offer you the best prices. So it’s only fair to question which betting sites in Cote d’Ivoire offer the best betting odds.
Answering that isn’t that simple, largely because there is no clear winner. And that is because some bookies will have better odds on football and worse odds on basketball, while others might offer the best but terrible odds on golf.
You must check the bookies’ offers and pick a sportsbook with the best offer on the sport you plan to bet on. For example, 1xBet is a good choice for golf betting, but if you’re betting on football, Betfair might be a better choice.
Payment Methods at Ivorian Sportsbooks
Payment methods at Ivorian sportsbooks are in a perfect spot due to the lack of restrictions that would prevent bettors from accessing international online betting sites. And the same thing applies to payment options.
But you should know that payment methods will differ depending on which bookie you’re using. Local sports betting sites mostly use Orange Money, DizaPay, UBA, and MTN. These options won’t be available on international sportsbooks, but you can expect to see various E-wallet payments, such as Neteller, Skrill, and Sticpay, widely considered safe options.
There are also credit/debit card payment options, as are bank transfers, but most Ivorian bettors tend to stick with E-waller methods.
Mobile Betting Sites & Betting Apps in Cote D’Ivoire
In 2023, and even before that, mobile betting apps have become more of an industry standard than a bonus feature on online betting sites. And that is especially true in African countries, where mobile betting is prevalent.
It’s easy to see why that’s the case, knowing that mobile betting lets you wager anytime and anywhere, as long as you have a mobile device and a stable internet connection. Moreover, many sportsbooks will have special bonuses for both new and existing mobile users, offering promotions otherwise not found on desktop websites.
So even if you’re not exclusively a mobile bettor, it pays to use sportsbooks with betting apps.
Ivorian Live Betting & Streaming
Just like mobile betting apps have become a required feature on online sportsbooks, so have in-play betting and live streaming options. Admittedly, pre-match betting is still the more popular way to approach game wagering, but that doesn’t mean in-play betting is a niche approach.
On the contrary, the latter can be even more lucrative with the right approach, which explains the popularity of live betting. So it shouldn’t a surprise that most betting sites in Cote d’Ivoire offer live betting, and most also have live streaming options.
But know that some do it better than others. If you want to bet in-play, you should check if the sportsbook you want to register with has live streaming and whether in-play markets are good enough. The offer will vary, but if you’re unsure which sportsbook to pick, you can’t go wrong choosing one of the bookies on our list.
Sports Gambling Laws in Cote D’Ivoire
The laws about sports betting in Cote d’Ivoire are fairly lenient, with their positives and negatives. Ivory Coast introduced its first gambling law in 1970, which deemed betting legal, but it didn’t do much beyond that.
Nowadays, you can bet on sports in Ivory Coast without any problems, and you can even choose to bet on any international bookmaker. However, the biggest advancement in Ivory Coast’s betting laws happened in May 2020, when a new law appointed Autorité de Régulation des Jeux de Hasard as the main betting regulator, helping the gambling scene grow further, opening more and more betting shops.
The current sports betting environment in Cote d’Ivoire is in a good spot. Regulations are still a bit weak, but you can bet on whatever sport you like, and no laws will prevent you from registering on any bookie you choose. But this also means that you should be careful when picking a sportsbook and consider signing up only on trusted and legal operators.
Cote D’Ivoire Overview
We conclude our article with interesting facts about Cote d’Ivoire and its Esports betting environment.
- Ivory Coast’s biggest cities are Abobo, Bouake, Daloa, San-Pedro, Yamoussoukro, and the capital Abidjan, with over 3.6 million population.
- Ivory Coast is a multilingual country with over 78 languages currently spoken. But the official language is French, the most popular language, followed by Baoulé, Dioula, Dan, and Anyin.
- West African CFA franc is Ivory Coast’s official currency and is also the most popular currency among sports bettors. But punters also use crypto, Euro, and US Dollar as their preferred payment methods.
- The most popular online payment methods in Ivory Coast include MTN, UBA, DizaPay, and Orange Money.
- The most famous and legal online bookmakers in Ivory Coast are Bet Momo, 20bet, 1xBet, and Bet365.
- Football reigns supreme as the most popular sport in Ivory Coast, followed by basketball and rugby.
- Some of the most popular sports competitions in the Ivory Coast are the Africa Cup of Nations, the Olympics Games, the Rugby World Cup, and the African Basketball Championship.
- Ivory Coast’s most popular sports teams include mainly national teams in the Ivory Coast national football team, women’s football team, national rugby team, and the national basketball team, largely due to their international success in various competitions.
- Ivory Coast is home to some of the world’s best athletes, including Didier Drogba, Rith Gbagbi, Murielle Ahoure, Nelson Évora, Mohamed Kone, etc.
- Whether you bet online or in any land-based sportsbooks, there is no tax on sports betting winnings in the Ivory Coast.
Now you know everything there is to know about Cote d’Ivoire and its betting scene, including how to wager on sports and where to find the best betting sites in Cote d’Ivoire.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is online sports betting legal in Cote d’Ivoire?
Yes! Sports betting is completely legal in Cote d’Ivoire. However, apart from sports wagering, any other online gambling activities are illegal, meaning you won’t be able to bet online in any other way.
Which is the best betting site in Cote d’Ivoire?
There is no clear answer as to which is the best betting site in Cote d’Ivoire, but a handful of great bookies operate in the country. Some of the most popular include Bet Momo, Premier Bet, 20bet, M-Bet, and Betfair.
How do I deposit money on my betting site?
All online betting sites will offer various deposit methods. But the most common include bank transfers, PayPal, Skrill, Netteler, or deposits in person or via a phone.