We’re going to evaluate your online betting options, and whether it’s legal or not, we will also provide you with:
- The complete list of legal and best betting sites in Bahrain
- The criteria for choosing the best website
- Integral facts you must know before signing up
Full List of the Best Bahrain Betting Sites
Before we go any further with our adventures with betting sites in Bahrain, let’s list the top brands that accept players first. You can rest assured that all of these Bahraini betting sites are safe and legal outside the country.
Betting Bonuses & Offers for Bahraini Bettors
We all love to get bonuses, whether it’s free bets, match bonuses, cashouts, odds boosts, and whatnot! If you prefer to bet online, Bahrain betting online bonuses have been a significant part of sportsbooks since their beginning.
On various sportsbooks in Bahrain, bet placing may be made using different available bonuses. As all of the sites that accept players from the country are based elsewhere and operate on an international market, you can expect user-friendly terms and conditions with a good return on the deposit.
Bet of the Day for Bahrain
The “bet of the day” events usually change regularly in even the best betting sites in Bahrain. These bets are a glimpse of what the Bahraini bettors are most fond of. These bets are from different sports that are popular in the country. So, what are they?
Bet on Sports
For placing a sports bet, Bahrain has many propositions. According to locals, association football is the most popular sport in the country. handball, basketball, and volleyball also get much traction among viewers.
Apart from the ones we mentioned in this section, you can bet on all other mainstream sports such as tennis, table tennis, darts, cycling, rugby, Aussie rules, horse racing, cricket, ice hockey, field hockey, and so on.
Football is a trendy sport among Bahraini bettors. Competitions like FIFA World Cup, English Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, etc., get the most traction in the country.
You’d be glad to know that many of the top bookies with MMA are available if you prefer betting on MMA. When it comes to MMA tournaments, there’s nothing more significant than UFC. Keep an eye on the best betting sites in Bahrain for the biggest UFC fights throughout the year. And, of course, how can we forget Brave Combat Federation fights?
Bet on Competitions
The sports you bet on they’re mostly part of various competitions. They might be domestic and international tournaments with millions of viewers. Whatever the case, you will find markets for all major competitions at Bahrain’s best sports betting sites.
One surprising competition that bettors in Bahrain love is Formula One. Therefore, in Bahrain, auto racing bookmakers and betting apps offer all the Grand Prix races.
How to Choose the Best Bookmakers in Bahrain
Below we provide the criteria we use to rank the best betting sites in any country, including Bahrain.
- License: First and foremost, the sites we offer our readers must be properly licensed by a reputed authority.
- Website Security: The web platform and the Bahrain betting apps must be encrypted to keep data transfer safe.
- Sports Library: Needless to say, the betting sites need an impeccable sports library along with the best markets to make our list.
- Payment Methods: You need reliable online payment methods to deposit in and withdraw from your betting account.
Which Bahraini Bookmaker Has the Best Odds?
From what we’ve seen, William Hill offers the best odds for all sports in the country. Hence, it’s the first entry you can see on our list of the best betting sites in Bahrain. As William Hill is predominantly active in the UK and Ireland, the offered odds are in a fractional format.
It’s simply the ratio of your profit and stake. You can add both values to get your final payout potential.
Payment Methods at Bahraini Sportsbooks
One of the things we like the most about Bahrain in terms of betting is that it has all the primary online payment methods. From Visa/Mastercard to Skrill and Neteller, you get them all. However, we discourage you from using your credit or debit cards because the banks will know it’s for gambling.
Instead, you should use anonymous payment methods where you can deposit and withdraw using an email address only. Skrill, Neteller, and PayPal will let you do that. And it’s best if you find an operator that accepts cryptocurrencies for real money transactions.
Mobile Betting Sites & Betting Apps in Bahrain
These days more and more people prefer using their mobile phones rather than computers. It goes for every aspect of life, including betting. That’s why all of the betting sites in Bahrain from our list offer excellent mobile compatibility. On top of that, many sites provide Bahraini betting apps that you can download and install on your device for on-the-go betting.
Bahraini Live Betting & Streaming
As a modern-day bettor, you expect live betting features from all betting sites. We know that very well, so we’re offering top-of-the-line live betting bookmakers. All the names you can see on our list offer live bets on major sports events. Some of the Bahraini bookies also offer live streaming options.
The Legal Situation of Sports Betting in Bahrain
All forms of gambling are illegal in Bahrain. It has always been this way because Bahrain is a Muslim country. In fact, it’s a criminal offense according to Penal Code Article 308. You can participate in online gambling at your own risk. We recommend using a VPN and anonymous payment methods to make the experience safer and more seamless.
Here are some facts about Bahrain before we put a wrap on the best betting sites.
- Manama (capital city), Muharraq, Al Malkiya, Diraz, Jidhafs, Riffa, and Hamad Town are the biggest cities in the country.
- Arabic is used as the official language of Bahrain. English is the 2nd language that is compulsorily taught in local schools.
- The currency Bahrainis use is Bahraini Dinar.
- All major payment providers like Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, etc., are available. In terms of local methods, you have benefit cards.
- LV Bet, Win A Bet 365, 20Bet, WilliamHill, Parimatch, etc., all accept players from Bahrain.
- Association football is considered to be the most popular sport in the country.
- Brave Combat Federation is the biggest MMA promotion company in the Middle East and it has widespread popularity in Bahrain.
- Sports betting and all forms of gambling are illegal in Bahrain. It’s enforced according to Article 308 of the Penal Code.
Our final impression of Bahrain betting sites is that you should bet carefully in the country. Use a VPN to keep your IP masked, and don’t use your bank’s cards to pay for the deposit. Other than that, you’re good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is online betting legal in Bahrain?
Unfortunately, no. Many countries have criminalized gambling but usually don’t include online gambling. In Bahrain, however, even online gambling is illegal. The only benefit is that law enforcement is reluctant to go after individual bettors. So, it’s somewhat safe.
- What are the best betting sites in Bahrain?
Among the offshore pages that accept players from Bahrain, we’ve listed the best ones already. Now, it’s your job to figure out which is actually the best for your needs. You can use this guide as a baseline to conduct the evaluation.
- What currency is accepted by Bahrain betting sites?
Although the native currency of the country is Bahraini Dinar, you’re very unlikely to find it as an accepted currency in any of the betting sites in Bahrain. You’ll need to use USD, EUR, or any other international currency to deposit and withdraw.
- What are the most popular payment methods for online betting in Bahrain?
Thankfully, payments are seamless in the country because all major payment providers are available. You can use your credit/debit cards like Visa and Mastercard, e-wallet options like PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, or mobile money methods like Apple Pay.
- Do you pay income tax on your winnings while betting online in Bahrain?
As the government has criminalized gambling, there’s no question of paying taxes.
- How fast do these gambling companies process withdrawals for players in Bahrain?
The usual processing time for online betting sites ranges between 24 to 48 hours. You can expect instant withdrawals if you get cryptocurrency options at the best betting sites in Bahrain. The great thing is that none of the sites on our list imposes any withdrawal fees.
- Is online betting illegal in Bahrain?
Yes, it is illegal. However, law enforcement is more active in stopping illegal gambling rackets from protecting the locals from fraud. They usually don’t criminalize individual bettors at offshore betting sites. You should use a VPN as well as an anonymous payment method to be on the safe side.
- Which app is best for betting?
If we have to pick one out of the list we’ve shared on this page, we must go with William Hill. It’s an internationally accredited operator with over 50 years of bookmaking experience.