- Where to find the best Bpay betting sites?
- Which are the most popular sports betting sites that accept Bpay?
- How does online betting with Bpay work?
List of the Best Bpay Bookies
Bpay is a very popular payment option in Australia, so much so that all Australian sportsbooks accept it as a deposit method. So for Australian bettors, it's very easy to find a Bpay online betting site; however, locating the best one takes a bit more work.
There are several things a punter must check before deciding which sportsbook to use to ensure they're getting the most value for their money. And while this can be time-consuming, there are just a handful of things to remember.
|Security||When looking for the top Bpay bookmakers, there is no going around the fact that all sportsbooks must be secure and legal. Thankfully, Australia has a well-developed online betting sector with almost no shady bookmakers operating. However, before we start online betting with Bpay, it's still wise to check if the bookmaker is licensed and secure.|
|Reputation||Some Bpay betting sites might be legal and licensed but will have a bad reputation due to slow payouts, shady past, or other reasons. So it pays to check online reviews to ensure that a sportsbook has a solid reputation.|
|Market Offer||The best sportsbooks that accept Bpay must have solid market coverage, meaning they accept bets on any sport or league. A good market coverage also includes a wide array of bet types, ensuring that we can bet on whatever we want and however we like.|
|Quality Odds||Good odds are essential to all great bookmakers since the odds will ultimately dictate how much profit we can make. So when deciding which Bpay betting sites we want to use, it's critical first to check its odds offer and whether the bookmaker's offer is comparable to other bookmakers.|
|Customer Support||Good customer support is a key factor indicating the best Bpay betting sites. Although often overlooked, good customer support, which includes a live chat and reliable and knowledgeable agents, will be highly beneficial when we encounter any issues using the bookmaker.|
|Bonus Offers||Although not as crucial as quality odds or adequate market coverage, betting bonus offers, such as joining bonus offers and other promotions, are highly valuable for bettors. So even though bonuses are not the most important factor to check when looking for the best Bpay betting sites, the offers shouldn't be completely ignored.|
Make a Bpay Deposit and Claim Your Bonus
Nowadays, all sportsbooks come with bonuses and promotions, which are excellent tools for attracting new customers, including all Bpay betting sites. So if you're online betting using Bpay, it's nearly impossible to find yourself using a sportsbook without some bonuses.
At the very least, bookmakers will have a joining or welcome bonus, available only to new customers and typically enabled when punters make their first deposit. The welcome offer is often a matched deposit bonus up to a certain percentage and limit; it can even offer free spins in the online casino.
So if Bpay bookies have a 100% welcome matched deposit bonus of up to $500, a bettor can expect to see his first Bpay deposit (up to $500) doubled with extra wagering cash. This free money does come with a rollover requirement and other roles, including restrictions on which deposit options can be used to enable it.
However, those using Bpay don't have to worry about the deposit restrictions since all Bpay bookies will accept Bpay as a qualifying deposit method.
How to Use Bpay for Betting
Using Bpay for online betting is very straightforward since executing deposits into your betting account doesn't take much work. And thanks to the company's security measures, everyone can feel safe betting with Bpay – as long as we are registered with legal and trusted sportsbooks.
- Select one of many available Bpay betting websites, sign up for an account, and verify it.
- With an account set up, log in, visit the banking tab, and navigate to “deposits.”
- Select Bpay as your preferred payment method.
- Input the desired deposit amount and confirm the selection.
- Connect your Bpay account with the Bpay online betting site and confirm the deposit.
What Is Bpay?
Bpay is a payment option that allows users to pay for any goods or bills, and it can even be used as a deposit method on online betting sites.
Making Deposits with Bpay
Making a deposit with Bpay on a Bpay online betting site is straightforward and essentially no different from using a credit card or an e-wallet. This payment option is also very secure and accepted by all Australian sportsbooks.
Bpay deposits also don't come with any additional fees, granted this only applies to Bpay, meaning that if a sportsbook decides to charge a fee, bettors making a Bpay deposit will have to pay extra. Still, all of the top Bpay bookmakers don't do it.
Requesting Withdrawals with Bpay
Requesting withdrawals with Bpay is impossible, so those online betting with Bpay have to use another payment option to withdraw their winnings. All Bpay betting sites, including credit/debit cards, Skrill, and Neteller, typically accept good alternatives.
Fees and Limits
One of the biggest advantages of using Bpay is that bettors don't have to pay any fees, as they all fall on the sportsbook vendor. And even though sportsbooks have to pay a fee, they will not offset it to the bettor.
Having no processing fee is the cornerstone of Bpay's success as a popular payment method among punters and one of the biggest reasons why it has become the most used online payment option in Australia.
Countries Where Bpay Can Be Used for Sports Betting
Bpay is a very popular payment method among Australian punters with access to some of the best sportsbooks that accept Bpay. Unfortunately, Australians can only use Bpay since it doesn't operate in other countries.
So people from other countries, without having access to Bpay and Bpay betting sites, might instead want to consider using a top online bookmaker that accepts FlexePIN or other alternative payment options.
As for limits, there are none, technically. Bpay has no limits; however, bettors might encounter some, depending on which Bpay betting sites they're using. These limits work both ways – as minimum deposit limits and maximum deposit limits, with the former usually set at $10.
Accepted Currencies for Bpay
Bpay is an Australian payment method, and as such, it only accepts Australian Dollars. So even though it's easy to find sports betting sites that accept Bpay for Australian punters, Bpay is not a viable payment option for other bettors.
Using any international Bpay sports betting site is possible, but due to the payment limitations, it's only possible to use sportsbooks that accept Australian Dollars.
Bpay Betting Apps
It's easy to find a Bpay online betting site, but it's just as easy to find mobile betting apps which accept a Bpay deposit. Bpay is available to mobile punters on all sportsbooks which offer online betting using Bpay and have a mobile app.
Using a mobile app over a normal betting platform has its advantages, and it's more convenient than using a mobile betting website. Apps, in contrast to a mobile website, work far smoother, and they often come with added features not found on a mobile website.
Some betting sites that take Bpay even have special promotions for mobile punters, another reason every bettor should consider using a Bpay online betting site with a mobile app.
Bpay Alternatives for Betting Online
Bpay is a great option for mobile bettors, and since there are many Bpay sports betting sites, it's not hard to find a place to use it. However, it comes with some limitations, namely that it only works with Australian Dollar and doesn't allow withdrawals, which could lead some to look for alternative options.
Thankfully, there are a handful of solid alternatives for Bpay.
- Credit/Debit Cards – credit and debit cards are one of the most used payment options among sports bettors and an excellent alternative to Bpay. They offer the same high-security standards and are accepted by all sportsbooks, even for claiming the joining bonus promotions.
- Skrill – one of the world's most popular payment options on online betting sites and a highly popular E-wallet. Compared to Bpay, Skrill offers faster deposits, is accepted on international sportsbooks, and even has withdrawals -with low withdrawal time and no withdrawal charges.
- POLI – an excellent alternative for Bpay, especially for Australian bettors. POLI is, like Bpay, an Australian payment processor which offers instant deposits and is typically also accepted by all sportsbooks that accept Bpay. However, like Bpay, POLI doesn't allow for withdrawals.
Bpay vs. PayPay
PayPal is one of the most used online payment options since it's a perfect solution for purchasing online goods, and it's no secret that PayPal betting is widely spread across the world. Compared to Bpay, PayPay has many advantages: it allows withdrawals and accepts multiple currencies. On the other hand, fewer sportsbooks accept PayPal than Bpay.
Bpay vs. POLI
Bpay and POLI are Australian payment options, and both are very popular among Australian bettors since there isn't much to set them apart. Regarding functionality, Bpay and POLI are even, and they both come with one obvious disadvantage – no withdrawals.
Bpay vs. Neosurf
Neosurf is a solid alternative to Bpay for Australian punters and anyone who wants to use international bookmakers since Neosurf, unlike Bpay, is accepted by most international bookies. Betting with Neosurf also has other advantages. It also allows bettors to cash out their winnings, making it a great choice with Bpay or as a standalone payment option.
How to Stay Safe When Betting with Bpay
Bpay is a very safe payment, and it has additional security measures to ensure its users' money is safe. So it's fair to feel safe using Bpay to fund your betting accounts; however, apart from the payment's security, there are a few things punters have to do themselves.
- Use only safe bookmakers – we must use only legal and secure sportsbooks with a valid betting license. Even if Bpay has systems to ensure that the money will arrive at its destination safely, it doesn't matter if we're using shady sportsbooks.
- Official mobile app – in the same way we must use only a safe and licensed Bpay online betting site, we have to make sure that we're downloading the official version of a mobile betting app. It's easy for scammers to create a copy of the official betting app whose sole intention is to steal your money, so we have to pay attention to only downloading it from the official website.
- Phishing email – advice that applies to using safe Bpay betting sites, but in general, is to never open or respond to emails from unknown senders. These could be phishing emails with malicious intent to trick users into sharing their personal information.
New Bookmakers That Accept Bpay
Bpay continues to grow in popularity, so more bookmakers accept it as a valid payment option. Since Bpay only uses the Australian Dollar and is limited to Australian sportsbooks, its growth is slower than it could be, but this doesn't change the fact that there are more and more Bpay betting sites.
It gives punters an excellent chance to experience new betting platforms while using Bpay and take advantage of all joining bonus offers. But when deciding on new bookmakers that accept Bpay, we must be careful when choosing which one to use.
- Security – especially with new bookmakers, we must ensure they're safe. New bookmakers have no reputation, so ensuring their authenticity is tough; however, all safe sportsbooks will have a valid betting license, which indicates their safety.
- Betting Bonuses – new betting sites are known to have some of the most generous bonuses, especially welcome offers since they have to compete for new customers. It is highly beneficial for bettors who can take advantage of their generosity. But it's wise to check the terms and conditions so we don't miss out on any rewards we could've otherwise gotten.
- Betting Apps – modern sportsbooks are all expected to offer a mobile app, so much so that you can't consider a new sportsbook good if it doesn't have it available. So make sure the new betting sites that use Bpay have all the features expected of a new bookmaker, including a mobile app.
Is It Worth Using Bpay for Betting Online?
Bpay comes with advantages and disadvantages, and while the former outweighs the latter, it's fair to touch on both and give you a clear picture of where Bpay shines and what it could do better. Credit is where credit is due, Bpay is an excellent payment method used by thousands of bettors from Australia, but like any other option, it's not flawless.
History of Bpay
Bpay is an Australian electronic payment system, launched on November 18, 1997, as an electronic bill payment system for payments by phone, and it was the first single bill payment service adopted across the Australian banking sector.
Later Bpay expanded its service to include online payments and is nowadays considered the leading driver for online banking in Australia. By 2007, most Bpay payments (76%) were executed online compared to by phone (24%), and as of now, nearly all payments through Bpay are made online.
As of 2023, Bpay allows for payments through more than 160 Australian banks, financial institutions, and credit unions and is one of the most used payment systems in the country. Much of that is thanks to the 2021 merger of Eftpos and Bpay.
Before we end our article, here are some interesting facts about Bpay and betting using the payment method.
- Bpay is an Australian electronic payment method and can only be used in Australia.
- As an Australian payment option, Bpay only accepts the Australian Dollar.
- Bpay supports only the English Language.
- Some of the best Bpay alternatives for online betting are POLI, Skrill, Neteller, and PayPal.
- The most popular and legal online bookmakers that accept Bpay are BlueBet, PalmerBet, Neds, TopSport, and Ladbrokes.
- Bpay should not be confused with BestPay.
- Bpay doesn't allow withdrawals.
That concludes our article on Bpay as a payment method and how to use it for online betting. Now that you know how to use Bpay and where to find the best Bpay betting sites, it's time to register for an account, take advantage of the offered bonuses, and start betting – but remember to bet responsibly!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Bpay?Bpay is an electronic payment system based in Australia. It's mainly used as an electronic bill payment method but can also be used to deposit money into sports betting accounts.
How does Bpay work?Bpay offers an easy and secure way to pay bills and make deposits on online betting sites. It allows users to pick which account to deposit and schedule the payment.
Can I use Bpay for online betting?Yes, Bpay, although an electronic payment system mainly used to pay bills, can be used to deposit money on online betting sites and therefore be used for online betting.
What bookmakers accept Bpay?Bpay is accepted by all bookmakers in Australia, including TopSport, Neds, Ladbrokes, and BoomBet.
Is there a fee for Bpay?No, Bpay has no transaction fees; however, bettors might have to pay some transaction fees if the sportsbook charges them.
How long do Bpay payments take?Bpay payments can take 1-3 business days, depending on when you execute the payment. In that way, Bpay works similarly to a bank transfer.
Is Bpay available in New Zealand?No, Bpay is not available in New Zealand. Since Bpay is an Australian payment method, it's only available to bettors from Australia.
Can I use Bpay to withdraw sportsbook winnings?No. Even though Bpay works as a deposit option for all Australian bookmakers, it's impossible to withdraw your sports winnings. Instead, bettors will have to use an alternative method to do so.
Can I reverse Bpay deposits?After making a deposit or payment, it's impossible to reverse your funds, and Bpay doesn't offer an option.
Is Bpay safe?Yes, Bpay is a very secure and reliable payment method and can ensure secure payments; however, it's important to use only safe bookmakers.