In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the Tony Awards 2023 and answer the main questions every aspiring Tony Awards bettor should know an answer to, including:
- Where can you bet on Tony Awards?
- Which bookmakers have the best Tony Awards betting odds?
- What are tips & tricks for finding Tony Awards picks?
Best Betting Sites to Bet on Tony Awards
The Tony Awards is the biggest event on Broadway and quite an important competition in the betting world. So it shouldn’t come off as a surprise that Tony Awards odds are available on most online betting sites.
Admittedly, Tony Awards is not as popular among bettors as major sporting events or even the Grammys/Oscars. However, it still enjoys solid coverage, meaning you can find betting markets with the most major betting sites.
There is no one best Tony Awards bookmaker but rather a handful of solid and safe betting sites every Tony Awards bettor should use when wagering on the event. That is to take advantage of any betting bonuses and promotions that might be available, but most importantly, to look for the best available odds on the category or play / musical he wants to bet on.
Still, when deciding which bookmakers to use, there are a few things to consider.
- Safety – a bookmaker you intend to use for betting on Tony Awards must be safe, legit, and licensed, as this is the only way to ensure your money and personal information are secure.
- Good Offer – Preferably, you should use bookies with competitive Tony Awards odds and, most importantly, enough betting markets to bet at fair prices and on whatever you want.
- Mobile App – Although not as important for those who don’t bet from their phones, the availability of a mobile betting app is very advantageous.
- Good Bonuses – Look for bookmakers with betting bonuses and promotions for Tony Awards, which can greatly improve your betting experience.
- Stability & Ease of Use – Good bookmakers will offer a stable and easy-to-use platform and a mobile betting app, which is an extremely important factor of any good bookie.
If you find a bookmaker that checks those marks, you’ve located a solid betting site to bet on Tony Awards with. But as advised, you should preferably have accounts with multiple bookies, as this is the only way to bet with the best available Tony Awards odds.
Tony Awards Odds
To succeed at betting on Tony Awards or any other event, you must prioritize using bookmakers with the best available odds. That’s obvious advice, but only a few know there is no such thing as a bookmaker that will always have the best odds.
Since the betting markets constantly change and move, having one bookmaker with the best odds is impossible. So the only way to bet with the best available prices is to have accounts with multiple sportsbooks and price shops, i.e., look around all available markets and find a bookie with the best offer.
So while there are betting sites that will have competitive Tony Awards odds, you’ll have to take some time and check them all before you place your bets to ensure that you’re getting the best offer.
Tony Awards Historical Odds
Historical odds in betting often play a big role when selecting betting predictions, but that is never the case with the Tony Awards. That is because a play or a musical’s success in previous years does not affect the next ceremony. After all, it can not be nominated twice.
Still, by checking how the odds moved and who won, we can better understand how the markets act, which can help us find solid predictions. So at the end of the day, the historical odds hold some value for bettors, even though it might seem like they don’t.
|Best Musical||A Strange Loop||4/1|
|Best Musical Revival||Company||15/8|
|Best Actress (Musical)||Sharon D Clarke (“Caroline, or Change”)||9/2|
|Best Actor (Musical)||Jaquel Spivey (“A Strange Loop”)||9/2|
|Best Featured Actress (Musical)||Patti LuPone (“Company”)||4/1|
|Best Featured Actor (Musical)||Matt Doyle (“Company”)||4/1|
|Best Director (Musical)||Company||9/2|
Various betting sites offer insight into historical odds, and many services provide historical odds API. Sometimes, getting closing odds on past events is tricky, especially for less-popular competitions; however, if you know where to look, anyone can get an insight into historical odds.
Offers & Promotions
Betting bonuses and promotions are commonly found on all online betting sites and are nowadays considered more of a mandatory feature than an extra. However, it’s important to note that bookmakers tend to offer more bonuses for more popular markets.
Betting on Tony Awards will never be as popular as betting on football. Therefore, bookmakers can offer fewer Tony Awards bonuses than the Premier League or other big football events. But that doesn’t mean that there aren’t any.
Most bookies with Tony Awards odds and betting markets will have some promotions available, including enhanced odds, insurance bets, and even bonus deposits and free bets as a part of a promotion. Admittedly, much rarer betting bonuses and promotions for Tony Awards are accessible if you use the right bookmakers.
Tony Awards Specials
There are many ways to enjoy Tony Awards betting, and there are plenty of options to find Tony Awards picks, largely thanks to the vast selection of betting markets it offers. So while some might settle with placing just one or 2 choices, the wide offer of specials allows us to find a handful of Tony Awards nominations predictions – granted, they’re typically divided into eight main categories.
All bookmakers with Tony Awards odds will have the Tony best musical odds available as one of the most important categories of the event. This year, in particular, was a very strong year for musicals, which might make it hard to find the best Tony nomination predictions for this category.
- Kimberly Akimbo
- Some Like It Hot
- New York, New York
- & Juliet
The best play will be no less competitive this year, putting punters in a rough spot when looking for the Tony Awards winner predictions for this category. Yet, it’s not hard to consider Between Riverside and Crazy as the leading favourite and potentially one of the best Tony Awards winner predictions we can make on the Best Play market.
- Between Riverside and Crazy
- Fat Ham
- Life of Pi
- Prima Facie
Best Leading Actor in a Play
The best leading actor in a play is another betting market that seems pretty straightforward this year. As bookies’ latest Tony Awards odds show, J. Harrison Ghee is the most likely winner, with Josh Groban and Ben Platt close behind, giving us room to cook up the right strategy to find a winning pick.
- J. Harrison Ghee
- Josh Groban
- Ben Platt
- Brian d’Arcy James
- Christian Borle
Best Leading Actress in a Play
When looking through betting odds for Tony Awards, the best leading actress in-play betting market will catch many bettor’s attention, mainly due to how top-heavy the offered Tony Awards in this category are.
Victoria Clark, who played the lead role in Kimberly Akimbo, is the leading favourite and priced at the shortest Tony Award odds to win the award, and rightly so. Although this doesn’t guarantee her success ahead of Annaleigh Ashford, the offered Tony Award betting odds paint a different picture.
- Victoria Clark
- Annaleigh Ashford
- Sara Bareilles
- Micaela Diamond
Best Director of a Play
The 2023 Tony Awards odds on the best director of a play are a bit closer than in most other categories, closely resembling what we usually see when we bet on the Oscars or when we bet on Grammy. Still, as we get closer to the Tony Awards, the Tony Awards odds on USA sportsbooks will likely shift in favour of one director.
- Kimberly Akimbo
- Sweeney Todd
- Some Like it Hot
- Into the Woods
Besides the mentioned categories, betting sites will allow you to find predictions and place bets on many other awards. If you’re using solid and safe betting sites, you will see many other betting markets with betting odds for Tony Awards, including:
- Regional Theatre Tony Award
- Special Tony Award
- Tony Honours for Excellence in Theatre
- Isabelle Stevenson Award
Best Revival of a Musical
The best revival of a musical should be a bit closer than expected, yet most betting sites have Sweeney Todd priced as the most likely to win. However, as we get closer, the Tony Awards odds will likely shift, opening more opportunities to find the best picks.
- Sweeney Todd
- Into the Woods
Best Revival of a Play
The best revival of a play category at the 2023 Tony Awards looks very one-sided. As the Betting odds on the Tony Awards for the best play revival suggest, The Piano Lesson is the clear favourite to win the award, with Death of Salesman and a Doll’s House behind in second and third place.
- The Piano Lesson
- Death of a Salesman
- A Doll’s House
Bet of the Day
Finding solid predictions and picks for Tony Awards is no simple task, but it doesn’t have to be hard. Below is a link to the website with today’s best Tony Awards bet.
How to Bet on Tony Awards
Betting on Tony Awards is very simple, and it’s as easy as finding a betting site that offers betting odds for Tony Awards.
However, there are a few things to keep in mind which will help you win more and help you set yourself up for success.
- When betting on Tony Awards, it’s important that we use only the best betting sites, which are safe, legit, and have a solid reputation. It would help if you always used only safe betting sites, as this is the only way to ensure your money and any personal information are secure.
- Besides ensuring that we use safe bookmakers for our Tony Awards predictions, it’s also important that the sportsbooks have competitive odds and enough betting markets – to cover all specials.
- A bookmaker or a mobile app we use has to work without issues, be well-designed, and work without crashes. You don’t want the website to time out when you want to place a bet, especially if you’re using in-play markets.
- Some bookmakers will also have special promotions and bonuses, which should be taken advantage of or used as a part of a betting strategy.
- Finding a solid bookmaker where you can enjoy Tony Awards betting is important, but we also have to do our part when looking for Tony Award picks. That includes doing enough research before deciding on our favourite and doing our due diligence to bet with bookmakers with the best Tony Award odds.
- If you’re not confident in finding solid predictions, there’s no shame in following tipsters who share their previews and picks. At the very least, to get a better insight into how to bet on Tony Awards, gather valuable information to decide what to bet on.
Tony Awards Betting Tips & Predictions
Finding the best picks for Tony Awards is no easy task, so most new bettors prefer to look for online betting services, which offer betting predictions and previews for the event. There is no shame in following other tipsters and potentially copying their picks, especially if you’ve never bet on Tony Awards.
In the end, however, every punter must learn how to find their predictions, as only this way can you count on consistently scoring wins with your bets. Although not an easy task, there are a few key things to remember when deciding what to bet on.
Look into the Critic’s Opinions
The best and most important thing to consider when making predictions is considering the critics’ opinions. Broadway critics are very influential in how the awards go, and their opinions heavily influence Tony Awards odds, so check what the critics have to say before you place your bets.
Budget Can Be a Huge Factor
Before you bet on a musical or play, it’s important to consider its budget, where the general rule is “bigger budget is better.” The higher the budget a play has, the more exposure it gets; therefore, it is more likely to win.
Account for Good Timing
The timing of when the musical or play is unveiled plays a role in its chances to win the Tony Awards. Often a play or musical will not be revealed until very late in the season, so it is fresh and more interesting to the critics and viewers, which increases its chance of winning the award.
Although not the main factor that helps a play or musical win, those that are released in late April historically do better.
Tony Awards Nominations and History
Tony Awards was first introduced in 1947 and has since been held annually, expanding the categories for which it gives out awards. Also known as the Antoinette Perry Award for Excellence in Broadway Theatre, the Tony Awards are presented by the American Theatre Wing and the Broadway League and are traditionally held at Midtown Manhattan.
The 2023 Tony Awards will mark the 76th edition of the ceremony, which debuted in 1947. At the time, it only had 4 categories – Best Actor and Actress, Outstanding Newcomer, and Best Performance in a Musical – but has since expanded to 26 categories and four special awards.
The most notable winners of the past five years include:
- 2022 – A Strange Loop
- 2021 – Moulin Rouge
- 2019 – Hadestown
- 2018 – The Band’s Visit
- 2017 – Dear Evan Hansen
- 2022 – The Lehman Trilogy (Stefano Massini)
- 2021 – The Inheritance (Matthew Lopez)
- 2019 – The Ferryman (Jez Butterworth)
- 2018 – Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (Jack Thorne)
- 2017 – Oslo (J T Rogers)
Tony Awards Overview
Tony Awards is more of a niche event in the online betting industry. However, it is still a fairly popular event people bet on, mainly due to its excellent betting opportunities. This article has taught you everything you need to know about the Tony Awards and how to bet on it, but before we say our final goodbye, here are some interesting things about Tony Awards you should know.
- The favourites to win the 2023 Tony Awards include The Piano Lesson, Sweeney Todd, Kimberly Akimbo, Victoria Clark, J. Harrison Ghee, and Between Riverside and Crazy.
- Some of the most notable previous winners of Tony Awards include A Strange Loop, Company, 54 Below, Broadway For All, and The Lehman Trilogy.
- Tony Awards is held in the United States to celebrate the excellence in live Broadway Theatre, so it’s mostly connected with the USA, but it has featured foreign winners, including Kate Burton (Swiss), Mark Rylance (England), and Raúl Esparza (Cuba)
- The most popular and legal online bookmakers for betting on Tony Awards include BetMGM, Bet365, William Hill, Mostbet, and BetUS.
- Harold Prince has received 21 Tony Awards, including eight for best direction of a Musical and Best Musical.
This article has taught you everything you need to know about Tony Awards, where to find the best odds, and the best ways to find Tony Awards bets, so now you’re ready to register with the best betting sites and start placing your bets!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Tony Awards?Tony Awards, also known as The Antoinette Perry Award for Excellence in Broadway Theatre, is an annual event that awards and recognizes various achievements in American theater.
Can you bet on the Tony Awards?Yes, you can bet on Tony Awards, and it’s quite easy. Since Tony Awards is well-covered by most online bookmakers, you don’t have to look far to find betting markets.
Where can you bet on Tony Awards?You can bet on Tony Awards on most online bookmakers and even at some land-based bookies. Although not all betting sites will have Tony Awards betting markets available, most will.
How to bet on the Tonys?Anyone can bet on the Tonys if they have a betting account with a bookmaker with Tony Awards betting markets available. That includes most online betting sites, making betting on the Tonys easily accessible.
What are the best Tony Awards betting sites?Most online bookmakers cover Tony Awards, yet some of the top choices among bettors are Bet365, William Hill, Pinnacle, and Unibet.
Where can I find the best Tony Awards betting odds?To find the best Tony Awards betting odds, you need to line shop, meaning look through all bookmakers that offer betting markets on it and see which has the best odds.
How does Tony Awards betting work?Tony Awards betting works the same way as betting on any other event, meaning you only need to have an account with an online bookmaker that offers betting markets on it and place your bets.
Who is the bookies` Tony Awards favourite?Kimberly Akimbo is considered the frontrunner for the best musical and is priced accordingly by bookmakers who have it as the leading candidate to win the award.
Is Tony Awards betting legal?Yes, betting on Tony Wards is legal and available on most online betting sites.