And not only is it an important global event and something we can bet on.
This article will take a closer look at how to bet on the BAFTAs and touch on three key points all aspiring BAFTA punters should know:
- Where to find the best BAFTAs betting sites?
- How do you make BAFTA predictions?
- Where to find BAFTAs betting markets?
Best Betting Sites to Bet on BAFTA
Betting on BAFTAs is a very niche activity and belongs to the category of entertainment betting, similar to betting on the Oscars. However, while not as popular as sports betting, people still wager on BAFTAs.
So, while it’s not as accessible as sports or Esports betting markets, it’s not difficult to find BAFTA bookies. Admittedly, there aren’t as many BAFTA bookmakers as most decide against offering entertainment betting markets, yet if we look at the biggest betting sites in the industry, such as William Hill, Bet365, Paddy Power, or Unibet, most will have BAFTA TV awards odds and markets.
So finding a betting site to place our BAFTA winner predictions isn’t that difficult – the difficult part is to find the best BAFTA sportsbooks, where we focus on a few important factors. That includes but is not limited to safety, the BAFTA odds offer, market coverage, promotions and bonuses, and other generic factors that add value to the sportsbooks.
How We Rank the Best BAFTAs Betting Sites
Even though betting on BAFTA is a fairly niche activity, it’s not difficult to find bookmakers that offer BAFTA betting odds. The tricky part is recognizing which are the best BAFTA sportsbooks since simply offering BAFTA odds and markets isn’t enough to consider any bookmaker a good choice.
So before we recommend any BAFTA sportsbooks to our readers, we consider a few factors and rank BAFRA betting sites according to how well they meet our criteria.
|Betting Coverage||Good BAFTA bookmakers have to have solid BAFTA market coverage. Although it’s easy to find betting sites offering BAFTA betting markets, it’s often not enough if the sportsbooks only accept BAFTA winner predictions. The best BAFTA bookmaker should give its customers more options than just to bet on who will win the BAFTA – the bigger the market coverage, the better.|
|Competitive Lines and Odds||Great BAFTA betting sites also have to offer competitive BAFTA odds. Even though we have to keep in mind that there is no such thing as one best BAFTA bookie that’ll have the best BAFTA odds on all markets, that doesn’t mean that the quality of the odds should be ignored.|
|Safety and Security||Bettors shouldn’t consider using any bookmaker that isn’t legal and safe, meaning it doesn’t have a valid gambling license. A valid gambling license is the only way to be sure that the bookmaker is safe and that all our personal information and money are secure.|
|Banking Options||Nowadays, banking options aren’t a big factor when deciding which bookmaker to use since the majority have a generous selection of deposit and withdrawal methods. Still, this is not something we should ignore. Before signing up with BAFTA betting sites, we must check whether it has the deposit and withdrawal options we prefer. It’s also wise to check the withdrawal speeds and whether there are any additional fees on transfers.|
|Reputation and History||Bookmaker’s safety is very important, but so is its reputation. A bookmaker can be licensed and safe but have a bad reputation among punters due to many reasons – it can be slow payouts, it can be complications with its betting markets, or anything else. So, it’s wise to check reliable online reviews of any betting site before we sign up for it, ensuring that it can provide a solid betting experience.|
|Ease of Use||Great BAFTA betting sites must provide a solid betting experience, which they also do with a well-designed website that is easy to use. The website’s design can be judged subjectively; however, there’s a major difference between bookmakers that are easy to use and those that aren’t.|
|Quality Customer Service||Customer service is often overlooked since most bettors never have to contact customer support. But signing up with a sportsbook with a quality customer support department will save you many headaches if you encounter any issues, and being able to resolve problems quickly and efficiently will go a long way.|
|Mobile Compatibility||All good BAFTA betting sites must be compatible with mobile devices, meaning they at least offer a mobile website – granted, it’s far more convenient if they have a mobile app. Mobile compatibility is necessary for all top-rated bookmakers with how popular mobile betting has become.|
Despite being a niche market, BAFTA odds are easy to find and always available with big-brand sportsbooks. However, the main thing every punter should be asking themselves is where to find the best BAFTA odds.
The answer is not as simple as it may seem at first glance, and it’s important to note that there is no such thing as one bookmaker with the best BAFTA odds. Instead, there are bookmakers with competitive odds.
The William Hill bookmaker can have the best odds on one of BAFTA’s categories but worse offers on another category than Bet365. In this case, we would have to use William Hill to bet on the first and Bet365 on the second category if we wanted the best BAFTA odds.
Although a made-up example, this will always happen when we look for the best odds, and it proves the point that we have to have access to several bookmakers if we want to place BAFTA winner predictions with the best offer.
BAFTA Historical Odds
As the name suggests, BAFTA historical odds lists all BAFTA odds offered on actors and directors in the previous iteration of the annual award ceremony. Even though BAFTA historical odds don’t offer as much value to punters as on sports, they prove that favorites don’t always win.
|⭐ The Power of the Dog||31/10|
|⭐ Licorice Pizza||9/2|
|⭐ Don’t Look Up||9/2|
Offers & Promotions
Betting bonuses and promotions were initially intended as an offer to attract new punters to the betting site, and while they still serve the same purpose, offers and promotions are nowadays far more accessible.
Every sportsbook will have some offers and promotions, namely the welcome offer, whose sole purpose is to attract new customers to the betting site and is, therefore, the most generous. Besides the welcome offer, bookmakers offer bonuses and promotions for already-existing users.
The promotions are usually offered before or during major sporting and other events, including the BAFTAs. The offers usually include odds boosts, reload bonuses, or insurance bets. Unfortunately, few betting sites will offer BAFTA-exclusive promotions since the BAFTA is a niche market.
On a more positive note, punters can still take advantage of generic offers such as deposit bonuses or insurance bets, so finding BAFTA betting sites with great generic offers can be just as valuable as finding sportsbooks with BAFTA promotions.
BAFTA is a very simple TV award show and not too complicated to understand. However, despite its simplicity, many special betting markets give punters plenty of options to place their BAFTA bets.
Since the BAFTAs are divided into categories, there is more than just one bet on who will win the BAFTA; rather, there are many specials in each category, resulting in a handful of betting opportunities and BAFTA betting predictions punters can place.
Best Actor History
As the name suggests, the best actor at the BAFTAs is a category that awards the best actor. This category is further divided into the best actor in a leading role and the best actor in a supporting role. However, we usually refer to the former when discussing the best actor BAFTA odds.
Best Actress History
The best actress category at the BAFTAs is the best actor, which awards the best female actor who delivers an outstanding leading performance in a film. Like the best actor, the best actress category also includes the best actress in a supportive role.
Best Film History
The best film is one of the most important categories at the BAFTAs, so it shouldn’t surprise anyone that this category receives the most coverage by BAFTA betting sites. So, while some BAFTA bookmakers will offer more markets than others, all will have the best film markets available.
Best Director History
The best director category was first introduced in 1968 and has been a key category at the BAFTAs ever since, attracting the most attention from BAFTAs punters. So it shouldn’t be shocking to learn that the best director is one of the most accessible BAFTAs.
Outstanding British Film History
The BAFTA Award for Outstanding British Film was first awarded in 1947 and is, as the name suggests, a category that celebrates the best British film. Although a more niche market than the best actor or director, it’s usually available on all BAFTA betting sites.
Best Actor in a Supporting Role History
The best actor in a supporting role category at the BAFTAs is a lesser version of the best actor award but no less popular. It celebrates the best performances of male actors in supporting roles, first held in 1968.
Best Actress in a Supporting Role History
Like the best actor in a supporting role, the best actress in a supporting role celebrates the outstanding supporting performance in a film. While it’s a lesser version of the best actress in a main role, this award was previously given to some of the biggest female movie stars in the world.
The BAFTAs has expanded its list of categories since the annual award ceremony was held and now includes 25 categories. This list will likely change in the coming years as it has over the years, considering there are also 14 retired awards that have been discontinued – most in the 1970s and 90s.
- BAFTA Award for Best Film
- BAFTA Award for Outstanding British Film
- BAFTA Award for Best Film Not in the English Language
- BAFTA Award for Best Documentary
- BAFTA Award for Best Animated Film
- BAFTA Award for Best Short Film
- BAFTA Award for Best Short Animation
- BAFTA Award for Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer
- BAFTA Award for Best Direction
- BAFTA Award for Best Adapted Screenplay
- BAFTA Award for Best Original Screenplay
- BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role
- BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role
- BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- BAFTA Award for Best Cinematography
- BAFTA Award for Best Editing
- BAFTA Award for Best Costume Design
- BAFTA Award for Best Production Design
- BAFTA Award for Best Makeup and Hair
- BAFTA Award for Best Original Music
- BAFTA Award for Best Sound
- BAFTA Award for Best Special Visual Effects
- BAFTA Award for Best Casting
- BAFTA Rising Star Award
Of the 25 categories, a few are not as well covered by BAFTA betting sites; however, when we talk about the best BAFTA bookmakers, those will have most categories covered with BAFTA odds and betting markets.
Bet of the Day
BAFTA bet of the day is a special bet that bookmakers consider the most confident pick and is usually picked by the site’s experts. We looked through all the options and determined the best BAFTA bet for today, which you can find by visiting the betting site through the link below.
How to Bet on BAFTA
Betting on the BAFTAs is very straightforward, and the only challenging part is to find bookmakers who will have BAFTA betting odds and markets. However, if you have read our article, you should know where and how to find the best BAFTA bookmakers.
But signing up with a BAFTA betting site is just the first step towards a lucrative BAFTA betting experience. Here are a few things to keep in mind when betting on BAFTAs.
Use the best betting sites– we must use the best BAFTA betting sites, which are safe, have good BAFTA odds, and have enough market coverage.
Always search for the best odds– the best way to access the best BAFTA odds is to have accounts with multiple betting sites and price shops, i.e., compare the available odds and place bets with the bookmakers with the best offer.
Consider betting on the underdogs– even though backing the favorites might seem like the best idea, a good strategy for betting on BAFTAs is placing bets on outsiders with a realistic chance of winning the award.
Bet on other awards– less high-profile BAFTA betting markets can provide excellent betting opportunities; the only concern here is that lesser markets usually don’t get as much attention from the bookmakers.
Types of BAFTA Bets
BAFTAs isn’t a very complex award ceremony and is simple to understand. However, where there isn’t much to understand about BAFTAs, the award ceremony offers plenty of betting opportunities and bet types for punters to explore.
It mainly concerns that bettors can bet on BAFTA winners in each of the 25 categories, leading to 25 different bet options. Some bookmakers will also offer specials or prop bets, allowing bettors to place their money on which actor/movie/director will finish as runner-up, but those markets are not as common.
It’s usually better to stick with BAFTA betting tips on the winner, as those are more accessible than other markets.
BAFTA Betting Tips & Predictions
Anyone can bet on BAFTA winners, and it’s not hard to figure out how to do it. However, while signing up with the best BAFTA bookmakers and placing a bet is very straightforward, there are other things bettors have to consider before placing their bets and a few things worth considering when looking for the best bets.
Admittedly, it’s easier to start betting on BAFTAs by finding a reliable tipping service and following their BAFTA betting predictions. But ultimately, it’s far more beneficial if punters learn to find their own picks based on the available information.
|Is There Any Controversy?||It’s wise to follow the movie industry before you start betting on the BAFTAs, as this will provide punters with very useful information that can be used when deciding on the best picks. The latest trends are important, but so is any controversy with any of the actors or directors. Even if an actor has produced an outstanding performance, he might not be one of the best picks if they were involved in a controversy. Public perception matters here, so it’s often best to consider what the public thinks about an actor rather than putting more weight on his ability to act.|
|Compare Odds||As noted, we must consider the offered betting odds before making BAFTA TV predictions. Moreover, when we decide on our favourite picks, we must find BAFA betting sites that can offer the best BAFTA odds on that selection. It usually means that we need access to several bookmakers, but even if we can find a market with odds that are 0.10 higher than on other betting sites, these small price differences will add up in the long run.|
|Watch the BAFTA Nominated Films||It’s wise to watch the BAFTA-nominated films to understand better which movies and actors stand to be recognized for their performances. In the same way that it’s important to watch sports matches to know which team to bet on, it’s advisable to watch the movies and actors you intend to bet on.|
|Pay Attention to Other Award Shows||BAFTAs is not the only show that awards the best movies and actors, and while it’s somewhat different from the Oscars and other movie award shows, it’s wise to follow other award shows before betting on the BAFTAs. If an actor was recognized for performing in another award show, there’s a good chance he’ll also do well at the BAFTAs. If an actor wins an Oscar, it doesn’t guarantee that he’ll do well at BAFTAs, but it gives punters an objective reason to consider him one of the favorites to win.|
What Are the BAFTAS?
Unlike the Oscars, the BAFTAs also hand out awards to TV and video games. While the United States does the same, these awards are not a part of the Oscars but are held by other organizations.
The BAFTAs was founded in 1947 and was first broadcast in 1956. Since then, the show hasn’t changed much; however, it has removed and added new categories. One thing that hasn’t changed is its location (London), although the venue has moved over the years, having been hosted at Odeon Cinema in Leicester Square and the Royal Opera House, and now at the Royal Albert Hall.
Awards Show’s Format
BAFTAs are only open to British programs, including any cable, satellite, terrestrial, or digital television stations broadcasting in the UK, which are eligible to submit entries. Meanwhile, individual performances from actors can be entered by the actors themselves or the broadcasters as long as they have been broadcast between January and December of the previous year. The entries are made available between November and January each year.
After all the entries have been received, they are voted online by all eligible Academy members, with the winner chosen by each jury selected by the Academy’s Television Committee. The juries are designed to feature a healthy balance in many areas, including age, sex, and experience related to the category; however, they mustn’t have any direct connections to the nominated programs or performers.
Winning a BAFTA is a huge achievement for stars of the silver screen, honoring the biggest stars of Hollywood and British cinema of the last +65 years. And over the years, several big names were given the BAFTA Awards, including:
- Martin Scorsese – a 10-time BAFTA nominee and a legendary director, won the best director award in 2024 and followed it up with an Oscar that same year.
- Maggie Smith – She collected her first BAFTA award in 1969 and added four more, with the latest in 1999. As one of Britain’s most recognizable actresses, Smith is mostly recognized among the younger audience for her role in Harry Potter.
- Michael Caine – has a joint record for the most BAFTA nominations (eight), and while he has appeared in over 130 movies, Caine is most known for winning the BAFTA for his role in Educating Rita in 1983.
BAFTAs have been around long enough to have their collage of memorable and unusual moments. Since the event is screened on terrestrial television, anything memorable quickly makes the international news.
- In 2021, Meryl Steep lost her shoe on the way to the BAFTA stage to collect her Best Actress Award.
- In 1996, the movie Bebe received four nominations, and the swine had its seat at the how. Unfortunately, Bebe didn’t win any reward that year.
- In 1975, Jack Nicholson received the award for the best actor in the film Chinatown but had to accept the award with a pre-recorded speech since he couldn’t attend the ceremony.
- The movie Gandhi (1982) received 16 nominations.
- Women in Love (1969) and Finding Neverland (2004) both received 11 nominations but haven’t won an award
- Jodie Foster, who won the Best Actress in a Supporting Role reward, is the youngest to win a BAFTA award.
BAFTA Stats You Can Use to Make More Winning Bets
Betting on entertainment is a bit different than betting on sports, as there aren’t many stats that would make it easier to find the winning pick. The ceremony also has a lot of randomness, making finding the best bets harder.
- It has its advantages. However, like punters have a hard time looking for data or facts to help them find educated bets, the BAFTA bookmakers also struggle to set the lines.
- On the other side, there is something we can use to find good BAFTA predictions, and it mainly concerns trends.
- The Best Supporting Actress reward has yet to be given to a woman of color.
- Only two women won the Best Supporting Actress and Best Actress categories in the same year.
- A British actor usually wins the best or best supporting actor – it hasn’t happened only once in the last decade.
- American directors have won the most awards for the best director, followed by British, French, Mexican, and Australian.
- The award for the best supporting actor was given to an actor of color only four times in the history of BAFTAs.
Fun Facts about the BAFTA Awards
- Each year, BAFTA awards a BAFTA Fellowship Award, a lifetime achievement previously awarded to Charlie Chaplin, Stephen Spielberg, Sean Connery, and Alfred Hitchcock.
- Even though BAFTA has strong favorites every year, it has previously featured surprise winners such as Jamie Lee Curtis, who won Best Supporting Actress in 1984.
- Peter Finch is the most successful actor of the BAFTAs, having won five Best Actor Awards.
- Hoffman, Lawrence Olivier, and Michael have the most nominations for the best actor, with eight each.
- Judy Dench is the most decorated actress of the BAFTAs, with five awards.
- Meryl Streep has a record of 15 nominations at the BAFTA but only two awards.
Before we conclude our article on BAFTAs, here are some interesting facts about the show and betting on BAFTAs you should know about.
- Even though the list of favorites changes annually, British actors are usually favored to win the BAFTas Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor rewards.
- Some of the most notable winners of BAFTAs include Meryl Streep, Martin Scorsese, Woody Allen, Alan Parker, Ricky Gervais, and Judi Dench.
- BAFTAs is a British Academy of Film and Television Arts and is always held in England. However, it has previously awarded non-British actors and directors from all over the world.
- Bet365, William Hill, Unibet, Betway, and Sky Bet are the most popular and legal online bookmakers for betting on BAFTA.
- Meryl Streep and Judi Dench share the record for the most (15) nominations for a female actor.
- Michael Caine, Dustin Hoffman, and Laurence Oliver have all been nominated at BAFTAs eight times.
- Ricky Gervais and Steve Coogan have won a record seven BAFTAs rewards
- Judi Dench and Maggie Smith have both won five BAFTA rewards
- Martin Scorsese has the most nominations for a director, at 10.
- Steven Soderbergh was nominated twice in 2000 and holds the record for the most nominations in a single year.
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) won nine BAFTAs awards and holds the record as a film with the most wins.
It concludes our article on BAFTAs and how to approach betting on this annual show. Now you know everything there is to know about BAFTAs betting and where to find the best betting sites, but before you place your first BAFTA bet, remember to gamble responsibly and never bet with more than you can afford to lose.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is BAFTA?BAFTA, or the British Academy of Film and Television Arts, is the British version of the Oscars. It’s an annual award show that celebrates the country’s film industry, actors, and directors.
Can you bet on BAFTA?Yes, it’s possible to bet on BAFTA. It belongs under the entertainment betting category and is similar to betting on the Oscars or other film award shows.
Where can you bet on BAFTA?Even though BAFTA betting markets aren’t as accessible as sports betting markets, it’s possible to bet on the show with most of the biggest UK bookmakers and big-brand sportsbooks in Europe or the USA.
Where to find favorable BAFTA odds?The best way to find favorable BAFTA odds is to have accounts with several bookmakers and compare the offers. Known as line shopping, looking through all available BAFTA markets is the only way to find the best offer on the pick you want to make.
What are the best BAFTA awards bookmakers?Some of the best BAFTA award bookmakers include BetWay, Bet365, William Hill, Skybet, and BetOnline. While UK sportsbooks best cover BAFTA awards, many international betting sites will also have BAFTA betting markets.
Is BAFTA awards betting legal?Yes, betting on BAFTA awards is legal and no different from betting on the Oscars. However, it’s only legal if you live in a country where online betting is allowed and use a legal bookmaker.
How does BAFTA awards betting workBetting on BAFTA awards is straightforward and no different from betting on other TV show awards, such as the Oscars. There are several categories for which the BAFTA gives out awards, and punters get to pick which actors, directors, or films will win the said category.
What are the BAFTA awards predictions?Bettors can make BAFTA predictions on several categories, including the best film, the best director, outstanding British film, leading and supporting actor and actress, and many more. There are 25 categories at BAFTAs, and it’s usually possible to find betting markets for most of them.
Is A BAFTA the same as an Oscar?No, BAFTAs are not the same as Oscars. Even though the two award ceremonies are very similar in how they work, the Oscars is an award ceremony in the USA. At the same time, the BAFTAs is an award ceremony in the UK.
Who won the BAFTA Rising Star?BAFTA’s Rising Star award was won by several actors who would have very successful acting careers, including Kristen Stewart, Shia LeBeouf, Hames McAvoy, Eva Green, Tom Hardy, Jack O’Connell, and Tom Holland.