Lucky 31 Bet Explained
Smart bettors will take any opportunity to win significantly using a relatively small wager. Bettors looking for such opportunities usually use the term – Lucky 31 bet. Unsurprisingly, most bettors don’t understand how this wagering strategy works, which can lead to costly mistakes.
What Is a Lucky 31 Bet?
A Lucky 31 bet explained makes sense and is lucrative. It is partly self-explanatory – it is a multi-bet comprising 31 individual wagers. The bets are chosen from 5 selections, and each stake must be unique. It is a popular betting strategy because it offers a chance to win big using small wagers. Read on for a more detailed explanation of how the Lucky 31 betting bet works.
Lucky 31 Explained: How Does a Lucky 31 Bet Work?
A Lucky 31 bet comprises 31 bets in 5 different selections or events. It is a multi-bet and easier to place than making 31 individual wagers.
Lucky 31 bets are measured based on the wagering amount. For example, a $1 Lucky 31 bet would bring the total wagering amount to $31, as you will stake $1 on each bet. Overall, a $1 Lucky 31 bet on games with odds of 2.00 on each match would earn you $211 in net profits.
Despite being a multi-bet, you only need one winning wager to get returns on your stake because the bet comprises single bets in addition to double, treble, four-fold, and five-fold bets. However, one winning bet wouldn’t be enough to cover your wagering amount – ideally, you need at least 4 or 5 winning selections to make a profit, depending on the odds.
How to Make a Lucky 31 Bet
A Lucky 31 bet has strict requirements, but it is easy when you understand how it works. One of this betting strategy’s fundamental principles is to comprise 31 stakes of equal wagering value.
The bets should be chosen from 5 separate events or selections, including the following:
- 5 single events
- 10 double events
- 10 treble events
- 5 four-fold events
- 1 five-fold accumulator event
Each bet must be unique, including stakes from the same events or selections. You can use this betting strategy on different sports, and most sports betting sites have special tools that enable players to make and calculate a Lucky 31 bet.
Lucky 31 Bet Example
Here is an example of how betting Lucky 31 works based on the 5 teams: Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City, Barcelona, and Liverpool.
Five Single Bets
- Arsenal will win, but all the other teams will not succeed.
- Manchester United will win, but all the other teams will not succeed.
- Manchester City will win, but all the other teams will not succeed.
- Barcelona will win, but all the other teams will not succeed.
- Liverpool will win, but all the other teams will not succeed.
Ten Double Bets
- Arsenal and Manchester United only will win.
- Arsenal and Manchester City only will win.
- Arsenal and Barcelona only will win.
- Arsenal and Liverpool only will win.
- Manchester United and Manchester City only will win.
- Manchester United and Barcelona only will win.
- Manchester United and Liverpool only will win.
- Manchester City and Liverpool only will win.
- Manchester City and Barcelona only will win.
- Liverpool and Barcelona only will win.
Ten Treble Bets
- Arsenal, Manchester United, and Manchester City only will win.
- Arsenal, Manchester United, and Barcelona only will win.
- Arsenal, Manchester United, and Liverpool only will win.
- Arsenal, Manchester City, and Barcelona only will win.
- Arsenal, Manchester City, and Liverpool only will win.
- Arsenal, Liverpool, and Barcelona only will win.
- Manchester United, Manchester City, and Barcelona only will win.
- Manchester United, Manchester City, and Liverpool only will win.
- Manchester United, Liverpool, and Arsenal only will win.
- Manchester City, Arsenal, and Barcelona only will win.
Overall, based on the above example, you can understand how the other five four and one five-fold bets work. Many sportsbooks also offer tools and guides on placing Lucky 31 bets. You can work out a Lucky 31 bet using your bookie’s calculator.
How Does a Lucky 31 Each-Way Bet Work?
You make money on win and place wagers – the total amount on win bets and 1/5 of the win odds on place bets. Each-way stakes are common, popular, and applicable to betting strategies, including Lucky 31 bets. The 62 stakes comprise 31 win bets and an extra 31 place bets. Essentially, a Lucky 31 bet each-way wager doubles the number of individual bets to 62.
What Sports Can a Lucky 31 Bet Work On?
You can use the bet Lucky 31 strategy on any sport. It is prevalent among football and horse racing bettors. However, the Lucky 31 each-way bet doesn’t work for all sports. Here is an overview of how the Lucky 31 betting strategy works for football and horse racing bets.
What Is a Lucky 31 Bet in Horse Racing?
Horse racing is one of the most popular sports categories for using the Lucky 31 betting strategy. A Lucky 31 racing bet works as explained in the example earlier: pick five selections or events and place individual and unique bets on each race.
Lucky 31 Football Bet Explained: What Is a Lucky 31 Bet in Football?
The Lucky 31 betting strategy is also lucrative for football bets, thanks to many betting markets. The method works the same for football bets as it works for horse racing bets and other sports – the earlier example is based on football bets.
Features of a Lucky 31 Bet
A Lucky 31 bet has the following 6 features:
- Single Bets – A single bet is a straight-win bet placed on one event.
- Double Bets – A double bet is a single bet placed on 2 separate events and their outcomes. Both bets on the 2 individual selections must win for the double wager to win.
- Treble Bets – A treble bet is a single bet on 3 events and their outcomes. All 3 selections must win for the wager to win.
- Four-Fold Bets – A four-fold bet is a single bet placed on 4 separate events, and all events must win for the stake to win.
- Five-Fold Bets – A five-fold bet is a single bet placed on 5 separate events, all of which must win for the stake to win.
- Unit Wager – A unit wager refers to the betting stake for each game in the Lucky 31 bet. The wagers must be standard for all games – for example, if the unit stake is $1, the total bet is $31.
Why Should You Place a Lucky 31 Bet?
Many compelling reasons exist for placing a Lucky 31 bet. The most compelling reason is the opportunity to win big – you can earn a net profit of $211 using a $31 wager on games with odds of 2.00. You should also place single bets if you are looking to make your betting experience more exciting and enjoyable. Alternatively, you can try a goliath bet or a Heinz bet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Lucky 31 on a football bet?A Lucky 31 bet on football combines 31 individual bets on 5 separate football events.
What is a Lucky 31 bet calculator?A Lucky 31 betting calculator is a tool designed to calculate your bet’s total wager, odds, and potential winnings.
How do you win a Lucky 31 bet?You must win only one bet event to get returns on your Lucky 31 bet. However, you must win at least four selections to profit from your bet.
What are the combinations in a Lucky 31 bet?A Lucky 31 bet comprises the following five combinations: single bets, double bets, treble bets, four-fold bets, and five-fold bets.
How does a Lucky 31 bet work?A Lucky 31 bet works by placing 31 individual and unique bets across five separate events in one sporting category.
What is a Lucky 31 bet on horse racing?A Lucky 31 bet on horse racing combines 31 individual bets on five separate horse racing events.
Is Lucky 31 a good bet?Lucky 31 is a good bet because you can win big on relatively low wagers. It is also more secure than single bets and multi-bets.