- Where to find the best Lesotho betting sites?
- What is the legal situation of sports betting in Lesotho?
- What are Interesting facts about Lesotho and its sports betting scene?
Full List of the Best Lesotho Betting Sites
Online sports betting is legal in Lesotho, but the country has done a reasonably mediocre job with its very lenient gambling laws. It, however, has its advantages, mainly in the fact that any sports betting operator can open up a website in the country and offer its service to Lesotho bettors.
As a result, Lesotho is home to numerous sportsbooks, including local bookies, other African sportsbooks, and even a very generous selection of international bookies. So if you want to wager on World Star betting, you can do so, and you won’t have any issues accessing some of the world’s biggest sports gambling operators in Betway or SkyBet.
You’re free to register on any bookmaker you wish, and you will be spoiled for choice when choosing which bookie to use!
The Best Betting Bonuses & Promotions
Betting bonuses and promotions are nothing new to online sports gambling and are available on any bookie in any country, and Lesotho is no exception. All betting sites in Lesotho will have some form of bonuses and offers available; the only trick is to find a bookmaker with the best offer.
But just like finding betting sites in Lesotho with the best odds, finding one with the best bonus bets isn’t simple because it all comes down to what you’re after. Some sportsbooks will have free bets on Esports. Others will focus more on football. In contrast, the third will not have any sports-specific bonus bets but instead offer generic promotions such as Acca boosts, deposit boosts, and reload bonuses.
In the end, you should pick the bookmaker with bonuses that suit you. Just make sure that you first check the terms and conditions to know whether you are eligible for the promotions and offers.
Sports Betting in Lesotho
The local laws might not cover online sports betting, but it’s trendy among Lesotho residents. And even though you’re free to wager on any sport, competition, or player you desire, a few sports and competitions stand out as the most popular in Lesotho.
Bet on Sport
Depending on which online Lesotho betting site you choose, the selection of sports you will be able to wager on will vary. But if you plan to bet on football or horse racing, 2 of Lesotho’s most popular sports, you can rest assured that all betting sites in Lesotho will cover them extremely well.
Horse racing, in particular, is critical in Lesotho, while football is top-rated in the online sports betting world, not only in Lesotho or Africa but across the whole world. Know that while all bookmakers will cover the 2 sports (and more), local bettors tend to prefer using international bookies since they usually do a much better job offering more betting markets.
Bet on Competitions
Sports might be trendy in Lesotho, but this is still a fairly undeveloped country, so it doesn’t have many local sports competitions except for its top-division football league, the Lesotho Premier League and a couple of football cup tournaments.
The Lesotho Premier League is very popular among Lesotho bettors and is also well-covered by local bookies. Other popular competitions in the country include most international football and cricket tournaments and bigger horse racing events.
But regardless of which competitions are most popular in Lesotho, the sportsbooks do a fine job covering all major sporting events and leagues worldwide, including Italian Serie A, NBA, NFL, and more. So if you’re worried about the variety of competitions you will be able to bet on, you shouldn’t be.
How to Choose the Best Bookmakers in Lesotho
Before you can start betting in Lesotho, you need to find a solid sportsbook that can guarantee you an excellent gambling experience, and there are a few steps you can take to identify which website can do that for you.
- The most important thing is that you register only on legal sportsbooks, as only this way you can ensure that your money and personal information will be safe.
- Secondly, you need to focus on the quality of the service the bookmaker can provide you, which mainly includes competitive betting odds and enough market depth.
- Only pick a bookie with adequate coverage and enough betting markets on the sport you want to wager.
- Keep an eye out for promotions, bonus bets, free bets, VIP betting promotions, and other offers.
- Although not as important as the quality of the betting odds, bonuses are the best way to get a bit more value for your money.
- Even if you don’t plan to bet on your mobile phone, it’s advisable to pick a bookmaker that has a Lesotho betting app available.
- Lastly, the sportsbook must have in-play markets and preferably live streaming options. Live betting might not be your cup of tea, but that doesn’t mean that you should limit yourself to only pre-match gambling by picking a bookie without in-play markets.
Which Basotho Bookmaker Has the Best Odds?
Due to the lack of regulations prohibiting online sports betting operators from offering their service in Lesotho, the country is home to numerous sportsbooks, ensuring that you will be spoiled for choice when picking a website to place your Lesotho bets. But with so much selection, it’s only fair to question which are the best Lesotho betting sites and which offer the best odds?
There is no right answer to that, mainly because there is no clear best website for sports betting in Lesotho. Instead, there are many great options we would advise you to check out.
World Star Betting, Betway, SkyBet, Bet365, and 1xBet are some of the most popular sportsbooks in the country, and that is mainly because of their excellent coverage of sport and competitive odds. Of the 5, there is no clear winner regarding which offers the best odds since those will vary.
One bookie might have better odds on football, while the other will have a much better offer on Esports, and so on. So if you want to bet with the best odds, we advise you to create accounts with multiple bookies and shop for the best prices when you’re ready to place your Lesotho bets.
Payment Methods at Basotho Sportsbooks
Since there are many betting sites in Lesotho, you can also rest assured that there are plenty of payment methods to use to fund your account. But despite the generous selection of payment options, Lesotho bettors primarily use credit/debit card deposits and bank transfers.
Popular E-wallets in Neteller and Skrill operate in the country and are generally accepted on any online Lesotho betting site. Apart from that, Lesotho online betting with M-Pesa is also prevalent, particularly among those who prefer depositing money via their phones on M-Pesa.
If you’re wondering which payment method is the best to use, we don’t have a clear answer for you. As long as you’re using a legal bookmaker, any deposit option will be safe; granted, you should check the processing times of the sportsbooks.
Bookies like Betway and SkyBet are known for fast processing times, so they might be the best option if you are looking for quick money transfers from and into your betting account. But know that many more excellent betting companies in Lesotho pride themselves on a solid banking department.
Mobile Betting Sites & Betting Apps in Lesotho
Mobile sports betting is prevalent in Lesotho, and it wouldn’t be too far from the truth if we say that most sports betting in Lesotho is done via a mobile device. It also explains why almost all bookies in the country offer a Lesotho betting app, as only this way they can draw in new customers.
You can still be on any bookmaker via your computer, but there are advantages to using a Lesotho betting app. It allows you to wager on the go, anytime and anywhere, but there are other benefits.
That mainly includes special promotions, bonus bets and other offers for mobile punters, which are regularly featured on top betting apps in Lesotho. That doesn’t mean that you should prioritize betting via mobile apps, but if you’re wondering whether it is possible to do it on Lesotho betting sites, the answer is a resounding YES.
Basotho Live Betting & Streaming
Live betting might still be considered a niche way to approach sports betting in Lesotho, but it has become increasingly popular. And that isn’t that shocking since in-play betting is arguably the most exciting way to enjoy sports betting in Lesotho, and it’s potentially also very profitable.
To succeed in live betting, you will have to have a good knowledge of the teams, players, and the competition you want to wager on, so live betting isn’t for everyone. But if you’re confident in your ability to predict what will happen by watching the games, in-play betting is worth a try.
The only thing preventing you from betting in-play in Lesotho is yourself, mainly because all of the more-known betting sites in Lesotho will have live betting available. However, not all will have live streaming options.
The availability of live streaming is essential, and it’s a crucial feature a bookie must have before you place in-play bets. Only having the ability to watch the games unfold will ensure that you make the right picks, so you should use only bookies with live streaming options.
Sports Gambling Laws in Lesotho
Online betting in Lesotho and all forms of gambling are legal for anyone at least 18 years old. That has been the case since 1975 with the Lotteries Act, albeit the biggest change for Lesotho sports gambling came in 1989 when the Casino Board was established and created the first set of rules for all forms of gambling.
Interestingly, the board is in charge of all forms of gambling, yet it does not overlook the online sector. It, in turn, makes online betting in Lesotho a gray area as it’s not legal, but technically it’s not illegal either. But if you’re concerned about whether you are allowed to bet, knowing that there are no laws that touch online betting, we can ensure you that you are not breaking any rules if you want to bet online in Lesotho.
Sports betting is prevalent in Lesotho, especially gambling on football, athletics and horse racing, attracting thousands of bettors as well as online sportsbooks that offer their services in the country. In Lesotho, you can find an unlimited supply of online sports betting websites, mainly because there are no restrictions on which sports gambling operators can offer their services.
That creates a situation similar to how there are hundreds of bookies in Cote d’Ivoire, from local operators to international sportsbooks. But that has its disadvantages, mainly the lack of regulations, which forces any bettor to take special care when picking a safe sportsbook.
We end our article with a few interesting facts about Lesotho and its online sports betting scene, which you might not know about.
- Maseru is the capital and most populous city of Lesotho, with over 188,000 residents, followed by Mafeteng (57,000), Leribe (46,700), Maputsoe (32,100), and Mohale’s Hoek (28,300).
- Lesotho is home to many languages, including Southern Sotho and English, 2 of the most spoken in the country.
- Lesotho Oiti is the official currency of Lesotho; however, bettors prefer to use the South African rand, Euro, and US Dollar to fund their online betting accounts.
- Lesotho bettors’ most popular payment methods are bank transfers, credit/debit card deposits, and E-wallets in Skrill and Neteller.
- Lesotho’s most popular online bookmakers are Betway, World Star Betting, Gbets, Bet365, and SkyBet.
- Football, horse racing, and cricket are 3 of the most popular sports in Lesotho.
- Lesotho has only one professional sports competition in Lesotho Premier League; however, other contests such as La Liga, NFL, NBA, and various horse racing events such as Belmont Stakes are also viral among bettors.
- Matlama FC is the most successful club in Lesotho Premier League and the most popular sports club in the country, besides the national cricket team and Kick4Life F.C.
- Mosito Lehata, Thapelo Tale, Lehlohonolo Seema, and Mamorallo Tjoka are some of the most famous athletes from Lesotho.
- Lesotho has online sports betting and a few land-based casinos and sportsbook shops.
- The online sports gambling sector falls under no Lesotho law, so it is not legal, but not illegal.
That concludes our guide about the online sports betting scene in Lesotho. Now you know where to find the best Lesotho betting sites and what you must do before placing your first bet in Lesotho.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is online sports betting legal in Lesotho?
Yes. Online sports betting is completely legal in Lesotho, as are all other forms of gambling, mainly because no law would prohibit it. So even though there is no law stating that online sports betting is legal, you can safely bet on any bookmaker you want without the fear of breaking the law.
- What is the most trusted betting site in Lesotho?
The most trusted betting sites in Lesotho include World Star Betting, Gbets, William Hill, Bet365, and Skybet. So while there are plenty of local bookies available, most bettors prefer to use international sportsbooks.
- How do I register for Betway in Lesotho?
If you wish to register on Betway in Lesotho, you need to visit Betway.co.za and begin the registering process. It is no different than creating an account on any other bookmaker, besides making sure that you visit the correct domain.
- How do I withdraw money from WSB?
World Star Betting (or WSB) is one of the most popular bookies in Lesotho, known for its great odds and solid banking department. If you want to withdraw your winnings from WSB, you need to click on “Withdraw”, pick your prefered payment method and proceed with the transaction.